First Tech Credit Union Reviews

First Tech Credit Union Reviews

Nov 10, 2019
Quiet but highly responsive when needed
Random789644 Account Holder

I've been banking here since 2011... and don't intend to go anywhere else. They generally leave you alone (and they don't bombard you with offers or junk mail - physical or virtual) and quietly do great things like give you a solid APY on your savings and checking (there are requirements but they're easy to meet), and reimburse you for any ATM fees that others charge you over a given month.

BUT when you need them, they are right there. When they detect fraud attempts, they immediately get hold of you and ask if you initiated the transaction. If it's fraudulent, they put an immediate stop to it, go over recent transactions to ensure there's nothing else wrong, and you can get a brand new card as soon as you can get to a branch for them to print it for you (or they can mail you a new one which arrives within 2 business days, tops - your pick as to which way you want to go.)

Their auto loans (and other loans I suspect, but I only know their auto loans) are competititve, and very easy to apply for - I did the whole thing online with one follow-up phone call. Everything else was tidied up at the dealership when I bought the truck.

Customer service is top-notch, and overall, I can't think of a better place to move and keep  my money.

Oct 02, 2019
"Tech" is literally in their name but..
fixingthepast Account Holder

Never have a had a bank with so many downtimes and outages. Their online banking is a joke. I have a credit card with them and the interest rate is higher than an CU I have been with, my bad for accepting it. I am singed up for account alerts. They literally trigger 24-48 hrs AFTER the criteria that is supposed to alert me. I am just in the habit of logging into their online service (when up) everyday to check my accounts.

And don't try to call someone...hold times are on the double digits no matter when you call.

Sep 06, 2019
Worst bank experience
Quietsound123 Account Holder

I used their credit card for a little and then found its benefits to be very lacking. I stopped using it and a year later decided to close the account. Talk about the hardest thing. They asked a milllion "verification" questions, to which I did not easily know. They had the wrong DL number on file so that was an issue. The rep didnt want to allow me to close so i requested a manager and he started insulting me. Saying, they are just going to say the same thing, ok you want me to transfer you to a manager so they tell you the same thing. hold please.