Ent Federal Credit Union

Sep 14, 2016
They closed my account on me.

Don't ever file bankruptcy on them. They will close your account and take all your money.

Aug 30, 2016
Very bad, careless, unprofessional.

I switched to Ent from Wells Fargo, looking for a long term relationship with a friendly local bank. It is with a great disappointment and regret I must part ways and start looking for another bank.

I really wanted to be a customer, to keep my money and finance my first home with Ent. I trully did.

However, the treatment and the runaround my wife and I had received is too much and will not be tolerated. Not from a bank that has possession of most of our money.

The aggravation and the stress resulted by the utter incompetence of almost everyone we came in contact with is astounding.

We have had an account for about a year with a decent amount of money in it, never any problems. Our account only grew with each month.

We have decided to apply for credit cards through Ent, to build our not so great credit scores in preparation to us purchasing our first home. Simple process of applying for credit cards turned into anguish and frustration.

The branch that we dealt with is 545 Galley Road

Colorado Springs, CO 80915

The so called "banker" who helped us to fill out application assured us that withing 10-14 days we will have an answer to our application and we will be likely approved and he doesn't foresee any issues.  2 weeks gone by, we have not heard anything at all.. My wife started calling, after better half of the day on the phone, being transferred from one department to another, being pushed off from one person to the next, after exhausting hours, literally hours on the phone It was determined that we had never filled out any applications and there are no records of anything.

My wife was able to reach the branch manager Mike. The same branch we filled out our application. Mike apologized, stated that the banker that helped us, simply forgot to submit the application and it was found laying on his desk!!!!! I am not even kidding, thats the exact words that he used. Our application with all of our personal information, with social securities was laying on his desk for 2 **** weeks!!?!? And the banker never noticed it? Never thought about it or found it curious why he had our application there?

The branch manager Mike assured us he will take care of everything, once again apologized, stated he will personally submit the application and we will hear about it shortly.

Weary but trusting, we thanked him and started to wait.

Several days later my wife had received the credit card we applied for. My wife did, I did not. I didn't receive any letters, anything informing me of any decisions, nothing with my name on it.

My wife called again... I am not joking even to the slightest when I state she spent 5 hours on the phone with numerous departments, agents, supervisors etc. Everyone is telling her thats not their area and they are going to transfer her elsewhere. My wife had even spoke with Internet support, internal department at some numberless call center. She was transferred there for reasons unknown. Finally she ended up once again with the branch manager Mike. Mike told her that when he submitted our application, somehow he excluded me from it. Only my wife side of join application went out. According to Mike there is nothing can be done about it but for my wife to wait for some form in the mail, fill it out, adding me to the account and sending it back. then waiting for approval.

I am sorry, but this is too much. All we wanted is to apply for credit cards. We were not expecting this treatment, incompetence on the branch manager's level, carelessness of bankers and lack of care from customer care... Absolutely disgusted with the treatment we have received.

This is something to be expected from Comcast, the WORST company voted for many ears on the row. Not from a reputable bank that is working with people's life savings.

Apr 04, 2016
Used to be good.

I have banked with Ent for over 10 years and they used to be a very nice credit Union. All of that has slowly diminished over the years, all the reason I picked ENT back then over other banks have disappeared. The lines at ENT now are often out the door and very slow moving, often with only two or three tellers in the front. The lines for the drive thru services are absolutely horrendous now. If there are even a few cars in line do not even bother if you do not have a good 10-20 minutes to wait.  ENT used to have a well staffed team who knew what they were doing and were able to help with outside issues. Now it is a extremely rare site to even see a teller that has anything more than the very basic understanding of how to log in and make a deposit, often needing to call for help relating to any other issues. They used to have a very reliable ATM deposit system for check and cash deposits, that however seems to also be a thing of the past since every time you go to use it now their system is down and unable to make those transactions. The fees of this bank uses to be very fair and manageable if you were to incur any, and they would often reverse the fees if you would ask. Now however the fees get outrages, often stacking to hundreds of dollars from what started as maybe less then a $10 overdraft, or a one time NSF fee. My account started with one of these fees and before I knew it they were saying I owed them over $500 in a matter of a week. When I called in to get assistance with this I was told none of these fees could be removed and that my account would be getting closed. So I was refereed to a specialist at one of the banks branches, I was assured over and over that this person would help me get this under control. When I met this woman she answered none of my questions, pretty much treated me like I was a criminal and in the short maybe three minute conversation we had about her "helping" me I was told that none of these fees would be removed and that I had until the end of the day to pay this account in full or they were closing my account and sending to to collection, So not only did I not get any kind of assistance or plan to try and make this payment, I had to WASTE another half of a day trying to meet and talk with people that obviously didn't care one bit about my situation.  (MISERABLE EXPERIENCE). ENT used to be a very nice bank I enjoyed going in to make deposit and using other services they offered, now it is just a time sink and a waste energy to have to deal with ANYTHING related to that bank. Anyone looking for a new bank or credit union I would strongly recommend you seek OTHER options and save yourself the hassle of dealing with this decaying experience.

Jan 02, 2016
A nice basic credit union.
shortmort47 Account Holder

They don't have the arrogance of the big banks. I find them very accomodating and helpful when I have questions. This credit union is for the working person.

Jan 02, 2016
Horrible loan payment options

I will be refinancing as soon as I close on a house that I am currently purchasing. ENT will not allow you to make loan payments from a bank account at a different financial institution (I've never experienced this before). Had I known this would have been such a pain I would have never used them.