Ent Federal Credit Union Reviews

Apr 27, 2017
Backed out of home loan on closing day
Bobyn42 Account Holder

Don't go to ENT for a home loan unless you have a straight-forward conventional loan.  We worked with ENT to try to purchase a home that needed some renovation.  At first they were very accomodating, working hard to find a product that would work for our unique situation.  As we came closer to closing, more things fell through the cracks.  I would repeatedly ask if the insurance policy I found was okay, the status of the appraisal, and if they needed anything else from us before closing.  Two days before close, they say the insurance policy doesn't conform to the loan (FHA 203b loan).  I then get a new insurance quote based on what the lender needed, they work two days running it by the underwriter.  On the day we were supposed to close, we were told the property needs too much work and they won't be able to lend to us.
We now have to scramble to find a new lender after we were completely transparent with the property condition from day one.  ENT is terrible with communicating with their customers and, we feel, they weren't completely honest with us when things started falling apart.  They strung us along until closing day and put us in an awful position when we did everything they asked.  Because of this, I cannot recommend ENT to anyone in any capacity.

Apr 12, 2017
Surely better than any other institution

I chuckled at the one star rating on this site where the person was upset about the bank taking their money as a result of filing bankruptcy... hilarious.  Anyway, I like ENT, plan on staying with ENT, have financed a vehicle with ENT, my wife re-financed her's with ENT.  No problems, no fees for early payoff of the vehicles, and we both got rates in the 2-3% range.  Can't beat that!

Sep 14, 2016
They closed my account on me.

Don't ever file bankruptcy on them. They will close your account and take all your money.

Aug 30, 2016
Very bad, careless, unprofessional.

I switched to Ent from Wells Fargo, looking for a long term relationship with a friendly local bank. It is with a great disappointment and regret I must part ways and start looking for another bank.

I really wanted to be a customer, to keep my money and finance my first home with Ent. I trully did.

However, the treatment and the runaround my wife and I had received is too much and will not be tolerated. Not from a bank that has possession of most of our money.

The aggravation and the stress resulted by the utter incompetence of almost everyone we came in contact with is astounding.

We have had an account for about a year with a decent amount of money in it, never any problems. Our account only grew with each month.

We have decided to apply for credit cards through Ent, to build our not so great credit scores in preparation to us purchasing our first home. Simple process of applying for credit cards turned into anguish and frustration.

The branch that we dealt with is 545 Galley Road

Colorado Springs, CO 80915

The so called "banker" who helped us to fill out application assured us that withing 10-14 days we will have an answer to our application and we will be likely approved and he doesn't foresee any issues.  2 weeks gone by, we have not heard anything at all.. My wife started calling, after better half of the day on the phone, being transferred from one department to another, being pushed off from one person to the next, after exhausting hours, literally hours on the phone It was determined that we had never filled out any applications and there are no records of anything.

My wife was able to reach the branch manager Mike. The same branch we filled out our application. Mike apologized, stated that the banker that helped us, simply forgot to submit the application and it was found laying on his desk!!!!! I am not even kidding, thats the exact words that he used. Our application with all of our personal information, with social securities was laying on his desk for 2 **** weeks!!?!? And the banker never noticed it? Never thought about it or found it curious why he had our application there?

The branch manager Mike assured us he will take care of everything, once again apologized, stated he will personally submit the application and we will hear about it shortly.

Weary but trusting, we thanked him and started to wait.

Several days later my wife had received the credit card we applied for. My wife did, I did not. I didn't receive any letters, anything informing me of any decisions, nothing with my name on it.

My wife called again... I am not joking even to the slightest when I state she spent 5 hours on the phone with numerous departments, agents, supervisors etc. Everyone is telling her thats not their area and they are going to transfer her elsewhere. My wife had even spoke with Internet support, internal department at some numberless call center. She was transferred there for reasons unknown. Finally she ended up once again with the branch manager Mike. Mike told her that when he submitted our application, somehow he excluded me from it. Only my wife side of join application went out. According to Mike there is nothing can be done about it but for my wife to wait for some form in the mail, fill it out, adding me to the account and sending it back. then waiting for approval.

I am sorry, but this is too much. All we wanted is to apply for credit cards. We were not expecting this treatment, incompetence on the branch manager's level, carelessness of bankers and lack of care from customer care... Absolutely disgusted with the treatment we have received.

This is something to be expected from Comcast, the WORST company voted for many ears on the row. Not from a reputable bank that is working with people's life savings.