Empower Federal Credit Union

Jan 22, 2016
Unable to help and outdated.

Unable to do any true mobile banking. No bill pay online or through phone, can only do bank transfers. branch locations do not make any attempt to assist without being at the branch, they do not even post or offer their number. main number for the corporate in Syracuse is just as unwilling to be of any assistance, only give simple answers to move you off the phone or to someone else. everyone is more than happy to tranfer you around without actually trying to aide in any way.

Nov 28, 2015
Terrible mortgage experience

When I was getting ready to buy a house, I wanted to go with a local credit union. However, their counsellors were not up-to-date on processes and made no attempt to fix things when they messed them up. They pre-approved me for 90k. So I looked at houses in that range and made a 90k offer. They then told me they would actually only give me 56k - nothing in my finances had changed. I had to switch to M&T, which fixed their errors and got me the original 90k loan, but it took a long time to start from scratch and I lost the first house I offered on because of Empower.