El Paso Area Teachers Federal Credit Union (TFCU) Reviews

Mar 31, 2017
100% do not recommend

They charge fees for everything! In the process for a house loan they took over 3 months to complete and would always give falls promises. The lady and the underwriter who handled these loans, they do anything in their power to screw you over. they seem nice but do not fall for it!

Nov 15, 2016
AWFUL

They hold your checks. Can't use your money!

debit cards issues, card constantly not working.

Phone number on card is useless, they claimed not to know who TFCU is!

card blocked AGAIN!

Nov 14, 2016
Negative attitude by manager on westside

They created an issue on my car loan. I put in my check and they held the funds. Who does this?

My car loan didn't get the payment as a result and my other payments bounced. I got fees at both ends.

Iasked the manager to remove the fees for what happened. Plain and simple he tells me No.

my whole check once they released the funds got eaten up with fees. I just closed my account.  I WILL TELL EVERYONE ICAN ABOUT HOW BAD THIS PLACE IS.

Can't wait to get my car paid off and be out of this place.

Aug 11, 2016
Manners Please!

I have never been spoken to do rudely.

I called into questions fee the credit union billed me for. Upon doing this the representative just got so defensive instead of being calm and explaining what it was for.

I spoke to a higher up and it got more crazy. She was trying to put me down saying they're billing me the thirty bucks (or whatever it was) so that I could learn responsibility.  She said that it's not that they want my money, they just want to show me to be responsible. If that's the case, I told her why don't you donate the fee to a charity.  She quickly said they can't do that.

In all honesty I don't care about a fee that's deserves. This was not deserved. They deposited my payment in the wrong account with the teller. The thing that upset me was it was not my mistake but rather the tellers error.

youd think they'd at least give you a break when it's questionable. Not at this place. TFCU is starting to really change for the bad.

im opening a new account elsewhere.

Jun 30, 2016
SICKENING!

What do you get when you trust teachers federal credit union?  We'll I got screwed!

The women on the phone explained things one way but yet I do what she said and I end up with ninety dollars worth of fees.

when I called to get this fixed they not only refused but got nasty with me. The phone place manager and all.

complete scam!  Don't fall into their fee trap by banking here.  They're staff treats us bad upon complaining.

bank anywhere but here