Digital Federal Credit Union (DCU)

Apr 02, 2016
061jrs Account Holder

For the majority of people in order to be eligible to be a member you will have to join an organization from a list they provided. I joined outreach for schools and the cost was $10. Plus $5 minimum amount needed in savings account to join. So 15 bucks for me membership.

This place approved me for visa with $1,000 when NOBODY else would due to lack of credit history and too few accounts. Thought I was going to have to buy a secured card but nope! Currently have ck tu 633 with three accounts open and tons of inquiries with one item in collections (cable bill/ ex girlfriend issue).

They did deny my refi on my car but a very polite cs rep called and said with only 7 month long credit history and one account in collections they just can't do it but if I show 6-8 more months of on time payments they'll " definitely honor my request for refi at that time.". Hopefully he knows what he's talking about. Either way nobody else gave me a visa even with calling and very politely laying it on thick to all the recon lines. Dcu gave me one with a line of 1k. So I'm well on my way and super stoked I didn't have to cough up 200$ for secured card.

They do one hard inquiry for membership. Then another for any product. But with that second inquiry you can apply for multiple products like visa, refi,etc. As long as its within 45 days of second inquiry they'll just use that multiple times.

Free checking
Free ATM using their machines or in their partner network if you have direct deposit and a loan of sorts with them or sign up for e statements. Two of three your choice.

Will reimburse $5 monthly for using foreign Atms.

Free monthly fico score

Tomorrow I'm going to get a quote for car insurance and maybe drop progressive.

Talked to cs twice and they were friendly and helpful. Website seems decent (nothing cutting edge) and they have an app. Overall I'm happy to have a bank now did I mention they gave me a visa when nobody would!

On other forums people obsess over the great rates they got on refi, even people with decent/ good refi, but especially people with outrageous loans they needed to ditch. I've read people going from 24% to 4%. And people going from 4% to 1.75.

Hopefully they'll offer good car insurance and I can save some cash and six months from now get out of my car loan which I think is the worst car loan anyone has ever had. Ever! The visa should help too.

Super stoked with nothing bad to say.

Thank you dcu!

Jul 06, 2016
The most arrogant, greedy and unhelpfuls

The most arrogant, greedy and unhelpful bank. I never get any help or accurate information from DCU. Different associates will give you different information. They always hungry for get more money from you in any ways they can.

Feb 11, 2017
Best in bank including less charges

Free checks, surcharge free atms, more faster in deposit and so on.

Ending relationship with DCU

2) got a auto loan, then started saving money from salary in savings account

3) payed auto loan emi , credit card bill promptly for 6 months. (have 4 more credit cards from different vendors, and have 100% payment history till date, over all credit utilization below 10%)

4) Had a very good credit score near to 750, debt to income ration below 10% (including my auto loan)

5) had a emergency situation and wanted a personal loan, approached dcu

6) got denied, did not want a hard query to just go wasted, asked if they can increase my credit card limit to whatever I qualify for.

7) credit card  credit limit increase was also denied.

8) Well then , I logged online and PAID OFF THE AUTO LOAN in full. No more business with DCU.

9) Well if they dont trust me with my credit score, income, debt to income ratio, I dont trust them either.

Ending Releationship with DCU

Ending relation with DCU

Jan 25, 2017
Very Bad Experience- No auto finance.
kothagadi Account Holder

I have been customer of DCU since last 3 years. Recently I had some bad expreince. I have an auto loan with them and they wanted a new title and all of a sudden they hiken my rate of intrest from 1.99% to 18-20%. After I saw this on my account i got realized and called them to see whats going on they said they wanted new title and stating DCU as lien holder and they have told that they would be removing that 18% and charged money after they the new title. I have provided them with new title and they reverted back the intrest to 1.99% but they are not willing to pay that extra intrest charged. I have requested for the auto payment option but this was never taken care aswell. mobile app crashes and it doesnt work outside USA if you are out on vacation outside US..They are just around to squeeze as much money as possible beware!!!!!!!!!

Sri

Jan 18, 2017
Great service, greater rates.
cjamesb Account Holder

I don't understand these negative reviews.  I was jus starting to rebuild credit, I had a a pretty low score..  DCU got me back on track with a auto loan at 3.74 down from my 27.99.. Got me a 5k card with 13.5 intrest. Those rates are unheard of with someone with credit like mine was.  Now I am abot to buy a house, many thanks to DCU with their giving me a chance and allowing me to rebuild my credit with them.  Recently got a personal loan for $5,000.00 the money was in my account the day after replying, I never even had to go to the branch.

Jan 18, 2017
FAKE Credit Union
biswa0 Account Holder

I wanted to apply for refinance auto loan, once i applied online which said 1.74% with checking account. I got a mail saying your loan is being processed, some one will call you. Instead of someone calling i got a mail that your loan is approved to proceed further to register yourself for saving account.

I got registered with themselves by paying a DONATION amount and a deposit. On successfully registration, i got a mail to call there call center, where they asked registration number. I had to ask many time for offered APR finally i hear the APR(3.99%) they offered is higher than current rate which is no where close to 1.74% as listed in there website. They said your credit score is lower, for which i just had the credit score from EXPERIAN WEBSITE that my scores are more than 732 which was also in track with the letter sent to me couple of months back from BoA when they pulled my credit report for credit card.

When i asked to SHARE THE CREDIT REPORT, as they have done a hard pull, they BACKED OUT. As i had EXPERIAN REPORT(taken a day before) by myself before the call, there score had a DIFFERENCE of 60-70 points. WHICH CLEARLY TELL THEY FAKE THE CREDIT SCORE TO INCREASE THE APR. Also when i asked to CLOSE THE SAVING ACCOUNT they DONT WANT TO RETURN THE DONATION. The customer care DISCONNECTED the call  ABRUPTLY by telling let me clarify with supervisor.

Jan 25, 2017

*****UPDATE*********
Had a personal call with DCU executive. have given a feedback about the process. He was kind enough to process my refunds without condition. Also gave me insight of the approval process and criteria. After the call i was convinced and decided to keep the account for future loans. I dont find way to update earlier review, hence the comment

Jan 07, 2017
Terrible service from LOAN DEPT

If you will EVER look for a loan, do NOT BOTHER..  I have been a customer for 19 years (my 19th anniversary was days after the initial online loan application.)

My loan was DENIED on the basis that I was "slow to pay" on a car loan 15 years ago with this same bank.  all credit cards and loans have been paid off for years.  NO consideration for customer history and was told that a "local bank" might help me better.  (I moved out of Massachusetts, have lived on West Coast and East Coast, and in total have lived in 4 states and always kept DCU as a secondary bank.)

USELESS.  The only response was a parroted repeat of that I had not had a lot of credit use after paying off debts.

No offer of a lesser amount, higher interest rate, offer of secured loan or anything else.  was told to TRY ANOHER LOCAL BANK.

Dec 30, 2016
Audit with no warning
luminiferous Account Holder

DCU claims membership is widely open, as long as you join one of their associated non-profits.  After my account had been open for a month, my account was locked and I had to send in lots of documentation (W2, pay stubs, social security card, driver's license).  To make matters worse, nobody in their call center could help, and the only way to get a response to my inquiries was to involve the BBB in the back-and-forth!

Dec 13, 2016
Bad Service & and ignore customer needs
WJas Account Holder

I'm sure they will help you to get credit card with very good CL as 5K and process you loan quickly and give you the good rate comapre to other banks and credit union.

But, by the time you are a customer with them - then you horrible story will start. Try to ask them to do anything for you. they will give you one standard answer "THIS IS OUR STANDARD"

otheerwise if you insist to them, customer service will ask you to call that department related to your question.

I have been a customer for one year, and nvever complay to my request anytime. whereas my request is very standard and simple. But just they don't want to do it.