Credit Union Reviews

CFE Federal Credit Union

3.05 7 Reviews Write a Review

Results 1-7 of 7Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 1   Previous | Next
Shame on you CFE Helpful to 2 out of 2 people

Beware of CFE Credit Union, they took $300 out of my account in one month for over draft fees , without oral notification. That was just for one month, this is a whole weeks pay for me. I'm a senior working, trying to stretch social security and they're just taking it like it's nothing. I was almost afraid to go back in time to see how much they've taken out. So please beware of your money and where it is going Esp. Senior citizens. This could've easily been avoided with one phone call.

Shame on you CFE

Feb 27, 2013 Reply
Absolutely Pathetic Helpful to 1 out of 1 people

I am a college student attending FSU. I've had my credit card for a few years now. I tried calling customer service today to request a change in address (from the apartment number they have on file, 614, to my new apartment number, 617. Everything else was the same...) I called three different numbers and nobody could help. Literally, was just trying to change one digit in the entire address. I read them the entire address they had on file before the even spoke a word, gave them all my account information, verified my social security number... and all they could say was, "Sorry, we cannot help you." Pathetic. Don't use this service if you can avoid it.

Aug 22, 2013 Reply

I've been a member of CFE for 5 years, and I appreciate their low fees and friendly service.  They offer competitive rates, and convenient online services.

Dec 16, 2011 Reply
Very Good Place to "Bank"

I have used the Fern Park branch of CFE since moving to FL two years ago, in part because they do "shared drafting" with a credit union I have in OH.  If I do business inside the bank, I would give the Customer Service 5Stars, especially when working with "Pat", but at the drive thru, I am less happy with the customer service (so I rarely use the drive thru anymore, but I'm retired and have the time to go inside, and the time to go to the credit union whenever during the day I want to.)

There is planty of parking in a safe area in front of the credit union, the building is in a very safe location on a well-lit corner of a busy street and an east to see side street, and the inside of the building is kept immaculately clean.  The tellers are all friendly and helpful, and if they're not busy, they will even deal with my particular requests with a smile (such as looking for state park quarters or state quarters if I ask for them).

They also have several branches in and around Orlando, FL, so the one I use is only about 2 miles from my apartment, and on the way to many places I shop or otherwise go to.

Pinkfloydlover7's review was:

Mar 31, 2014 Reply

Pinkfloydlover7(2, 0)

Review by Pinkfloydlover7

Auto Loan

I have been a member at CFE for 5 years, all was well until I went to apply for an auto loan. The application process was seamless and I was quickly accepted. The problems began after my vehicle search. I found a vehicle I wanted and called to make the sale with the bank. 2 days passed and no response from the credit union about making the loan for the car final. The car ended up getting sold to someone else. I called three times and left 2 voicemails in a 3 day period. I finally went into the branch to complain and after that was actually treated amazing and was able to make the sale on another vehicle the next day. All in all the follow up service was amazing, but it never should have came to that.

Mar 02, 2014 Reply
Had this bank for little over 7 years!

I've had this bank for a little over 7 years, never had a problem, customer service was always on point and have always been a pleasure to work with. Hard to find a bank that will really go out of its way to help you, but this bank will do it!

saintman7's review was:

Jan 08, 2013 Reply

saintman7(1, 0)

Review by saintman7

Atrocious customer service at branch near UCF Orlando (main campus.)

Three employees, with a fourth on the phone, needed the better part of an hour to get a printer to work. One clueless person could not get her terminal to work, either, and complained loudly as customers were kept waiting in line.

Poor attitudes, lax training and remarkable defensiveness on the part of staff. Hard to imagine any institution making BOA seem like an oasis of good service but this CFE does.

#Epic_Fail

Aug 19, 2012 Reply
Results 1-7 of 7Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 1   Previous | Next

Add Your Review Of CFE Federal Credit Union

CFE Federal Credit Union is a not-for-profit financial cooperative providing a comprehensive group of financial services to residents of Florida’s Orange, Osceola, Lake, and Seminole counties. Available financial products include checking and savings accounts, auto loans, credit cards, home equity, and mortgages. Business banking services are also available. With the online banking system, MATT Web, members can check account balances, pay bills, transfer funds, apply for loans, order checks, and set up email account alerts. Account access is also available with mobile banking and with the automated phone system MATT Phone. CFE’s website also features a tools and resources center complete with calculators, articles, and advice on various financial topics.

CFE Federal Credit Union was originally founded in 1937 as Orange County Teachers' Federal Credit Union. Today, CFE serves over 118,000 members throughout Central Florida with assets exceeding $1.1 billion.

Company Details