BayPort Credit Union

Jul 22, 2016
Terrible for small business
SuffolkVA Account Holder

Absolutely the worst bank I have ever dealt with. I've had my business accounts with Bayport for a year and half, and I have never had such a difficult time using my own money. Their online banking system is terrible...constantly adding meaningless comment fields throughout my transactions that I have to sort through to find my real transactions. I spent HOURS on phone and chat support for weeks trying to resolve one issue back in the spring. No one seemed to know how to help. Now I just tried to transfer funds to my new Wells Fargo account, and I got a message saying I can't transfer funds anymore...for security reasons. It said I needed to "Click here to Verify." So I clicked the button and was given a phone number to call. When I called, the Bayport rep didn't know what I was talking about and said she would have to submit a support request to the Internet support team and that it could take 24-48 hours. UNBELIEVABLE! But this is pretty much par for the course with Bayport.

Jul 05, 2016
Horrible Bank, Poor Customer service

We have a compliant filed against this bank with the Virginia State Corporation Commission.  They are not military friendly.  When my spouse was deployed for a year I placed the vehicle in storage and lowered insurance.  Bayport CU sent bills for over $4000 for insurance on the vehicle.  When I explained that my spouse was in the service and provided his orders never heard back from them.  When my spouse returned and went to renew the registration on the vehicle our tags were suspended because Bayport reported us as having NO insurance which was inaccurate.  We had to prove that we did, show orders to DMV, and pay reinstatment fee.  Then Bayport froze our checking and savings account after we had 3 way conversation with them and USAA who we ended up switching auto loans and all banking to.  It was the last straw.  I reported them to Virginia State Corporation Commission.  Horrible customer service, rude, and shady business practices.  Run fast from this bank.

Aug 10, 2016

I had the same exact issue. What can I do to resolve this?