Arizona State Credit Union

Jan 25, 2016
No way
HikingPro Account Holder

This credit unoin does not offer its members anything worthwhile! I joined in 2002 when I moved to Flagstaff AZ and back then, it was a good credit union and the local branch had great service. When I moved to Phoenix 5 years later, I was not at all impressed with the Monroe Street branch - poor customer service, inexperienced tellers, etc. Then they stopped participating in shared branching, which made it very inconvenient because I don't live near their one branch. Then I had a bad experience when depositing a check and cash with the branch manager. As I left the branch, I noticed that the check had been credited to my account, but not my $50 cash deposit. I went right back in and she blamedi it on the computer "holding back" the cash. My gut told me that it was the branch manager trying to pocket my cash, not any computer mistake. I wrote a letter to the Board and received a bland reply that she would be given additional training. I have no confidence in them anymore.

Jan 25, 2016
Not user-friendly!

I've been a member for 14 years now. I originally joined when I was living in Flagstaff and loved the branch up there because they had terrific customer service, but ever since moving to Phoenix in 2007, I have been very unimpressed with the Monroe Street branch - they are neither friendly, nor particularly competent and they certainly don't engender my confidence. I am finally leaving them for several reasons: they stopped participating in shared branching several years ago, which makes it extremely inconvenient as they have so few branches - and I am in a major metropolitan area. I also had a bad experience when depositing a check and cash with the branch manager of all people. As I was walking out, I noticed that the check had been credited to my account but my $50 cash deposit had not been. When I went right back in, she blamed it on the computer "holding the cash" - I have very good intuition and my gut told me it was the branch manager attempting to pocket my cash deposit. I wrote a letter to the Board of Directors because if she did that with me, she probably did that with others as well.  I sure would never deposit cash through an ATM or drop box at this credit union. I'm on this site to find a better credit union or bank - sad to see some similar reports as mine at one of the other credit unions that I was considering.