Credit Union Reviews

Results 1-2 of 2Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 1   Previous | Next

I truly love my credit union.  I have been a member since 1993 and the customer service is excellent.  Safe and secure access to your online account,  over the phone assistance is also excellent.  You will not go wrong as a member of this credit union.

blueheagle's review was:

Aug 11, 2012 Reply

blueheagle(2, 12)

Review by blueheagle

APGFCU severely hurt my credit report Helpful to 1 out of 1 people

I got an APGFCU credit in 1992 and had no issues with them.  After years of faithful use of the credit card and faithful payments, I got in some financial trouble and was not able to make payments on my credit cards for 60-90 days.  I knew it was going to hurt my credit but had no options.  Before I stopped making payments, I called the credit card companies and explained what was going on.  Most were willing to work with me even though I took a hit on the credit report.  APGFCU refused to hear my problems (I know, they don't have too) but the customer service rep was extremely rude basically saying "you got the obligation to pay, keep it."  Well, three months later I resumed payments on all my cards and paid them all off.  In the meantime, I received a letter from a collection attorney hired by APGFCU demanding full payment.  I paid APGFCU off directly, not through the collection attorney, shortly after receiving the collection letter (in 2008).  Out of all the credit cards I had, today I have a very good credit report.  Despite being late or not making payments in that three month period, all of the credit cards companies showed that I had paid them off in full... sure, they showed I was late and that is fair, its true.  But despite the fact I paid off APGFCU in 2008 in full, I still have AGPFCU reporting "seriously delinquent" to the credit bureaus.  None of the other credit card companies did that.  As soon as I paid the card in full, they showed it was paid, and some showed paid under "derogatory circumstances", but they still showed I paid them in full.  APGFCU on the other hand is the only one that still shows "turned over to collection" or "seriously past due" (on all three credit bureaus). My latest credit report shows that as of December 2013, five years after I paid them off in full, APGFCU is still reflected as "seriously past due".  My balance is zero and has been since 2008.  I have called them twice over the last few years, and both times I received a very rude response despite me trying to be as nice as I could be to get the error corrected.  One lady told me they had nothing to do with credit bureaus and it wasn't there problem.  The next time the lady said they had nothing to do with the accounts once they were turned over to collections.  I tried explaining that I paid APGFCU off in full immediately after receiving the collection notice, and her response was - "you need to pay your bills!"  Well, I did pay the bill in 2008, and currently they are still reporting it as unpaid.  Strangely, both Transunion and Equifax show a $0.00 balance, while Experience just shows "seriously past due".  The credit reporting agencies tell me to go through APGFCU because they are reporting it to the credit agency.  Tried that and they were less than helpful.  Fortunately, other than that three month period, the last 20 years I have had good credit.  But it really aggravates me knowing everytime I pull up a credit report or apply for a loan, I have to explain that APGFCU was paid in full.  My account with them was closed but I will tell you that looking back, I would have never done business with them if I knew that unforeseen financial problems over a 3 month period would put a black mark on me that only APGFCU was unwilling to properly report as "paid in full".

bb09862's review was:

Jan 28, 2014 Reply

bb09862(1, 1)

Review by bb09862

Results 1-2 of 2Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 1   Previous | Next

Add Your Review Of APGFCU

APGFCU, or Aberdeen Proving Ground Federal Credit Union, is a member-owned financial cooperative providing services to residents of Hartford and Cecil counties of Maryland, as well as certain areas in Middle River. Available financial products include checking and savings accounts, auto loans, CDs, credit cards, IRAs, home equity, mortgages, and money market accounts. Online and mobile banking systems allow members to check account balances, transfer funds, pay bills, and access electronic statements. The website also features an advice and education section complete with calculators, educational articles, and information on upcoming workshops.

Founded in 1938, APGFCU was originally chartered to serve military families at the Aberdeen Proving Ground. Today, APGFCU serves those who live, work, worship, volunteer, or attend school in Harford and Cecil counties, as well as parts of Middle River, Maryland. As of July 31, 2013 APGFCU has over 101,664 members with more than $966 million in assets.

Company Details