3.5

Feb 14 2013
approved
CreditKarma Member

I am happy with thsi card, I was approved with a CK score of 535.?

Apr 20 2018
Terrible card
CreditKarma Member

I've had this card for 8 years. I never had a problem with it, I am always responsible with my payments and kept my balance low. Now they just decreased my line from 1500 down to 200. A manager said this was due to "something new that Equifax being reported to them" and gave me their number to call. I immediately called and they assured me there was NOTHING negative on my credit report that could have been reported to them, quite the opposite my credit score had actually just INCREASED and I should ask THEM why they reduced my line of credit. I went back to the company and told them what Equifax said. Victoria secret gave me the same ****amamie line stating there was something reported from Equifax even though I had JUST heard the TRUTH fom Equifax. I could understand if I truly had a decrease in credit or something like that but I did not. I've had PERFECT HISTORY with this company. So that's how Victoria secret repays loyalty for 8 years of shopping with them, cut your credit line and hurt your credit score. No thanks Victoria secret. I will no longer be using your card nor will I be shopping in your stores and I will be telling everyone I can about your HORRENDOUS and UNACCEPTABLE customer service and business practices. Adore me is better anyway. #BOYCOTT VICTORIA SECRET

Jan 04 2020
Not sure how I feel
CreditKarma Member

Just received this card in December and decided to do a little Christmas shopping which went well. So after Christmas I decided to pay my balance completely off because I knew they would start a nice sale and I could shop for myself and earn more points. Well I made a payment, after a couple of days it came out of my account and my balance went to 0. On New Years I wanted to shop the sale and card was declined. I tried to shop on Thursday same issue. Called today no one could determine why I couldn’t use my card with a $0 balance and after spending 1 hr on the phone being tossed between card services, online ordering and then the fraud department who then told me they were transferring me back over to make my purchase I was told I would not be able to make a purchase until Monday Jan 6 because my account was put on hold for trying to make a purchase with no available funds. I guess I can say goodbye to the items I want to purchase considering I had to go through and find more items today because the original colors I had chosen were sold out. After all the reviews I have read I am really nervous about having this card.

Oct 18 2019
CreditKarma Member

This is the the worst card you can have. They started decreasing my credit limit for no reason. Didn't miss a payment went from 500 to 250 credit limit. They couldn't tell me why. They said it was something on credit and transferred me to transition which is bull because they don't know anything. I'm Closing this card immediately?

No automated payment
CreditKarma Member

I never pay my credit card manually and not having this feature for this card has cost me my credit history a couple times. Thought i had learned my lesson so i always go to the website and pay off my balance as soon as they showed up. Turned out they set the default payment to minimum payment instead of the balance and if you're in a hurry or wasn't paying close attention like me, you'd think that you have no more balance since their next emails don't actually warn you that you have late payment due etc. I only used this card 1-2x a year and definitely not worth risking my credit score anymore. Will be closing it off once my balance showed $0.

No automated payment
CreditKarma Member

I don't pay my card manually so I kept missing the payment on this card because there's no automated payment option. I learned my lesson and just paid it off even before I got the statement but they still have another trick up their sleeves, by default, they'll only let you pay minimum. So if you're in a hurry or wasn't paying close attention like me, you'd think that you have no more balance since their email actually doesn't tell you that you have late payment due etc. My credit score is badly affected a couple times. This is the last straw. I will close my account once my balance clear off

Oct 05 2019
THEY ARE HORRIBLE WITH POINTS!!!
CreditKarma Member

Make sure you keep up with your points and transactions. I've bought bras that are suppose to be 3x the points, but the cashier would ring it up wrong so the points are not applied. I'm owed 2 reward cards at this point and haven't seen any yet. They keep saying it's emailed but I seem to get ALL of their emails except the ones I'm supposed to get for SPENDING MONEY. It takes 3-6 weeks to get a reward. Ridiculous!!! They need to be sued.

Sep 07 2019
Awful
CreditKarma Member

I've had this card for 9 years. 9 freaking years. i started with a credit limit of $150. Then it went up to $400. Then it eventually went up to $750. I went like 8 years without making a late payment. Then in march of this year I was in and out of hospital because of pregnancy complications and finally went into labor on my payment due date...all of which I can prove. My payment just skipped my mind and I paid it as soon as I was released from hospital. They dropped my credit limit down to $100!!!!! I'm livid.?

Sep 07 2019
If I could, I???d give it negative stars.
CreditKarma Member

Got this card with my credit score in the high 600s and only received a $250 credit limit which was fine as I wouldn?t spend even that much. After having it for a couple of years they never increased my limit. Kept the account in good payment standings. A couple of months ago I paid the whole thing completely off for a 0 balance to which the rewarded me by reducing my credit limit. The explanation on the letter informing me of it said it was due to lack of a real estate loan in my name. I own my home, inherited from my grandparents who paid outright for the land and materials to build the house. It?s never had a mortgage. Upon receipt of the letter I promptly called Comenity bank and politely told them what they could do with their reduced credit limit. She tried to offer me $100 in VS coupons to keep it to which I replied ?so I can come spend more money on this ridiculous card and make Comenity even more money? I don?t think so.? Found out the Torrid credit card my sister has is with Comenity as well so beware of that one too.

Sep 06 2019
AVOID AT ALL COST
CreditKarma Member

Literally one of the worst cards ever. They keep reducing my limit w/o an explanation even though my credit is good and increasing in all other areas. My credit takes a hit when they randomly decide that they want to decrease my limit without warning. Most likely will close the card since now I am down to a $300 limit after 3 decreases over $150 within 2019.

Aug 20 2019
Good & Not So Good.
CreditKarma Member

I haven't missed a payement, started out with a $250 limit; it was increased to 450 or something within the first 3 months. Less than 6 months and its $800. I go to check accounts ensuring my scheduled payments are still on the correct dates; credit limit is now $150... WHAT THE ****? I'm? calling cs because this HAS to be an error. Rep is stating they gave a decrease after review of my accounts, they were trying to increase but due to factors on my credit they decreased it significantly. I run my credit reports once a week due to having someone steal information in the past. All scores HAVE INCREASED within the last 6 months.... no drops or missed payments on any account. The balance on the card was 100; I'll pay it off and close this before I let it hinder my credit journey.?

Aug 12 2019
CreditKarma Member

The card it great for shopping but I got it 4 months ago and hadn?t recieved a card and I made a complaint, it wasn?t the biggest deal to me. They then sent me my ORIGINAL card I was supposed to have, and took out 250 points, as well as sending me my new one, taking another 250 points. So the closed the original card and opened the new one. I went to look at my credit because I had expected it to go up but no. It WIPED my credit back to ZERO. I don?t know if I have to wait longer than 2 weeks but I?m trying to buy a car before school and this is very inconvenient.?