3.6

Jan 08, 2018
Great to rebuild credit

I had to stop working several years ago because I have MS. When this happened I had to default on my car, mortgage, medical bills and credit cards. I am finally in a position to rebuild my credit. I attempted to open an account with Capital One but was declined. I understand that I had terrible credit but I thought that was the purpose of a secured credit card. I read the reviews from some of the other secured cards and was appalled by some of the other banks derogatory comments. Many said they never received cards or were charged exorbitant upfront startup fees but never got a statement or a card. That's when I saw a suggestion to try Merrick Bank secured credit cards. The terms are similar to Capital One and I was immediately approved. I would suggest always reading the fine print and most importantly, the reviews of other customers before haphazardly applying for anything. From what I've read Capital One and Merrick seem to be the best. Neither of these cards are for irresponsible shopping sprees, but for those who are trying to re-establish good credit. Don't deposit more than you can afford to pay off in a month or two and always pay extra on all your monthly bills.

Apr 23, 2015
average at best

I have had this card since 11/2013. I initially was approved with a $800 credit limit that was doubled after 7 months. I also have a capital one cards that around that time had a $1300 credit limit. Since that time I have inquired about another increase and was told that I wont be eligible for one until 11/2015 and even then it will only be for $500. While my capital one card has given me several increases and currently my credit limit with capital one is $6800. Suffice to say I cant close it now because I dont want the length of credit on my credit report to go down but I ONLY use it for nexflix. That way its a nice low payment every month, there is nothing to charge interest because I pay it off every month and they keep it open because the account is active.

Jul 06, 2022
THE WORSE CARD YOU CAN HAVE IN YOUR WALLET

I'M telling you - this card is the worse card you can get - they DONT HAVE A COSTUMER SERVICE, YOU won't HAVE ANYONE TO TALK TO, YOU WILL GET WEIRD CHARGES- BUT NO ONE TO TALK TO ABOUT IT, YOU'LL WAIT ON THE LINE FOR 45 MINUTES - AND THEN GET YOU DISCONNECTED ! YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!

Jun 08, 2022
The most incompetent CC company EVER!!!!

I needed the money but, in the long run, it cost more time & money talking to someone that knew how to do their job! One person would tell me one thing and another thing. This has been from the beginning....WORST CREDIT CARD EXPERIENCE ever, Reall! I am reporting everything that THEY DID TO A WIDOW EVERYWHERYWHERE!!!

Jun 02, 2022
Worst customer service

It’s really not worth the hassle. They have very limited self service options online so you have to call in. When you call in you are on the phone for over an hour with no assistance.

Jun 02, 2022
Horrible customer service

Lost my card, I’ve called for 3 days straight !! Kept switching me from person to person then when hry put me on hold for hours.. I’m dropping this card asap even if it’ll make my credit drop.

Apr 20, 2022
Don't like

I put 300 deposit 2 years ago and still never got an increase I called after a yr and a half and they said either close it or add more money to make it bigger

Mar 25, 2022
Garbage Credit Card

Garbage

Feb 14, 2022
Great for rebuilding credit

High rates and annual fees, however, great for rebuilding or starting credit

Dec 21, 2021
2 hrs plus to report a card stolen not good

I lost my card I expected to login and just request a new card . There were no prior charges against my 2 almost 3 hrs later they pick up at 10pm. Now I'm acct appears to be closed and not only did I pay the full my full Bal the next day the amount showed up on my statement but I also had a 500+ credit. These people are shady

Nov 20, 2021
Customer service

I applied for a card and was denied and that’s fine but why take my $200. Now I’m out of $200 after being told it would be refunded. If you are not sure that you will get accepted beware of paying your money first.

Nov 10, 2021

They have sent me two pre-approved offers to apply for their card and then turn me down. My credit is not perfect but I have gotten other cards recently and it's not that bad. Like just don't send me the offers!!!