3.0

Apr 04, 2016
Great for Saving $ but poor limits

Exspect a credit card limit from $300-$3000, Kohls limit. Even with credit scores above 700 except to start with $1,000 limit. However, the coupons and discounts can save you a ton of money when shopping and as long as you pay off every month you are good. I always just pay off at same register and it goes towards account immediately, I am currently a MVC credit card holder and love the free shipping and 6 extra coupons given each year as well.

Mar 04, 2016

3 years with kohls, 100% on time payments but their system takes forever to update, they've reported me late. Which I finally got those late fees back. However, I pay my card off they won't report it to my credit bureaus. They are only reporting maybe every 2 months which utilization affects my credit. They keep saying they can't send it because they update once a month. Just in 3 months I've paid off 265 dollar balance out of 300 dollar credit. Got a 50$ credit on my card from late fees they incorrectly charged. Used my card for 165 dollars. My credit still showed I owed 188 dollars. Now my card only has 60 dollar charged and they are still saying 188 dollars on my credit report. If you don't want your credit ruined by these people even if you're making your payments on time and paying it down and even paying it off, DO NOT GET THIS CARD!!!!!

Apr 27, 2015
I love this card

I dont have anything negative to say. Im a 590 cs and they approved me for $300. I didnt expect anything at all so that was good. I have had it for about 5 months now so we will see if I get an increase this year.

Apr 24, 2015
Horrible stay away

I called customer service 5 times to just get the card delivered, it took an year to come. I had to pay the bills going to the store all the time.. Although the discounts are lucrative, they are terrible with service for not sending bills in between and charge late fees.. customer service is so stupid to take unauthorised payments from old bank account.. too much waste of time for 15% card benefit and you may lose money for late fees since they dont send you bills so you really have to remember, set reminder to pay it off.. they dont have automatic payments to charge the customer for late fee - thats what they earn money on..

Mar 23, 2015
Great card for discounts.

I've had this card for 9 months and although I personally was one day late twice, I've had no issues with this card. Those two late fees were my own doing. Otherwise, the site is easy to use, plus when I didn't have internet access for a few weeks due to moving, I just went into a Kohl's store, wrote a check for the amount I owed and it went into my account the same day. Overall, I've never had any issues and I was recently upgraded to the MVC card, so I feel good.

Feb 17, 2015
Had its ups and downs

I work at Kohls and in order to get ouremployeediscoubr we have to either have a Kohls card or pay cash. My manager bugged me to get one so I finally did and got approved with a 300 CL. I love the discounts, I try to keep the balanceloe so I don't accrue too much interest. Two things I hate: since I'm an associate whenever I make a purchase they hold double the amount of the actual purchase for a few days, which sucks. Also, one time I made a payment on my payment date at the store in cash and then I check my account and I have a late fee. They said since the payment hadn't yet posted the system automatically triggered that but once it posts it will fall off. It indeed did fall off and did not show up on my report, just kinda weird to me. Overall good cardio have especially since I work there, and most people's issues is about not paying on time. Stay on that and you'll be fine

Jan 23, 2015
3 times a charm!

Where should I start??.. So yeah I applied not once, not twice but three times!! lol and Finally they approved my last 2013 and been an MVC card holder since then. I love their savings, coupons and ofcourse their products. Not high end but for every day use they're good! Every Christmas we would spend $1000 for gifts and get like $200 Kohls cash FREE MONEY!

Jan 05, 2015
WORST CARD AND CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!!!

I applied for this card and was accepted and given a decent credit limit. I used the card three times for online purchases and will NEVER use this card again. First I was sent the wrong items, I actually received someone elses order. Second time, package said it was shipped and it never came, which I can understand can happen, but calling customer service is a NIGHTMARE TRAINWRECK!!!!! Worst experience of my life!!! Literally on the phone for 2 hours!! Then I always make my payments in store, but during december I made a payment online becuase I did not want to deal with the traffic and all the people holiday shopping....well needless to say the money wasnt taken out of my account, I checked every day for a week. Then today I check again and I have a LATE fee!!! I call customer service and they are the most horrid people to talk to. I was told that my payment did not go through. I asked them why?? I know with 200% certanty that I had the correct bank account info put into Kohls system, I was emailed a payment confirmation, and my payment was made DAYS before it was even due...Calling to get the late fee reversed was a nightmare and their customer service people are rude!! I made my payment and somehow Kohls screwed up and I am paying for it??? NO WAY!!! Canceling this card today!! BEWARE!!!!!!!!!! I would give negative 100 stars if I could!!!

Jan 03, 2015
Approved 617CK

Just got approved for $300CL, this is my first store card aside from the Macy's card($600CL) I just got as well. I've currently got 2 CapOne cards, only about 2 months old with $300 each, and a CK score of 617. I thought I would give it a shot since they are backed by CapOne and I already have products from them. My CapOne cards are low util and PIF twice a month, this card has a high APR but I intend to use it as a PIF card as well so I'm not really concerned about it, simply another low usage open revolving account to help rebuild my credit.

Jan 01, 2015
Approved - Typical Department Store Card

Ive been rebuilding my credit for about one year now and my FICO score is about 645. I applied for the Kohls's Charge Card online and was approved for an instant $400.00 limit. For the most part, this card is just your typical/average Department Store Credit Card, with a VERY high interest rate and offers extra savings & coupons everynow and then. I dont even shop at Kohls very often. On the bright side, this card has no annual fee and will help with my utilization/overall available credit on my credit report, so I will for sure sock drawer this card for the credit reference.

Dec 29, 2014
Have had the card for a year now..NO CL

Have had the card for exactly a year now. I was given a $300 CL when I opened the card last December, but here we are in December a year later - so far, no hint of any CL? They recently sent me a card with a different design in November, I was hopeful when they opened the envelope I would see that they increased my credit limit, but no? I dunno,,, maybe in January I'll see a CL (or maybe not, based on the reviews here). I have never missed a payment and always pay my bill as soon as I get my email billing notification so??? In the meantime I have had multiple increases on my CapitalOne credit cards - so I should think I'd see an increase on this one sometime too?

Dec 20, 2014
My first Credit Card

I hadn't even checked my credit score and assumed credit cards were never going to be apart of my life. I said "yes" to applying so I could save 20% on a purchase, and I had to ask the cashier to repeat herself after she said I had been approved. This was about 8 months ago. Since then, credit and increasing it has been my focus and obsession. SINCE then, I have opened two Cap One (1,300 CL each), two Comenity bank cards (500/350$ CLs), Discover It ($500 CL) and American Express Green Card (no preset limit) and so I requested a CL increase on my Kohl's card seeing as they're backed by Cap One, with two lines of credit at $1300 each ... yet they denied me with a vague, non explanitory email ... so I called them ... and have now been on hold for 30 minutes for a representative, thus the reason I am sitting here writing my first Credit Karma review. I thank them for taking a shot on me, but they are horrible when it comes to CL and basically non existent when it comes to the credit department via phone. I'm disgusted.