2.4
2021 Reviews
from Credit Karma members in the last year

Aug 18 2014
It is what it is

I got this card about 16months ago when my fico was about 530, got approved for 300, then 450, then 600 now 750. Yes they charge u 22.95 for every increase, yes they charge their annual fee in annoying monthly payments of 8.25 probably hoping u miss a payment so they can hit u with the late fee. My score is now 594 just got approved for cap one quicksilver for 300. This card is about rebuilding credit ive never dealt with the cust service, i make about 200 a month of purchases and sometimes make multiple payments on purchases. They do report to all 3 bureaus and it is accurate. Its helped me get my score up and yes when i hit about 700 ill probably cancel it as i get better cards with lesser fees in the meantime if i asked u would u pay me 99 bucks if i could get your fico score up 50points in a year u probably would if you looking at this review, well thats what this card can do. All the negative reviews are from stupid people not reading, yes express payments they charge, standard ones are free they take maybe 4 biz days and no your available credit isnt available til after it processes so maybe a week in total. Everything is in writing people just have to learn to read and they then wont get u with all these hidden charges.

Dec 21 2018

WORST CREDIT CARD EVER!!!! PLEASE RUN!!!! I went out of town & used the card at Walmart & my card was immediately declined. I received a text to confirm the transaction. I received another text stating my card was cleared and ready to use again. Well, it wasn't. Customer service was closed. I called the following morning only to discover that if you're out of town & use it at Walmart they automatically place a block on your card and to remove this block you must FAX a copy of you Drivers License & a recent utility bill to their 'home office' it gets better, it takes 2-3 days for them to receive your fax & an additional 7-10 days for them to review it & release the hold on your card!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have NEVER heard of it taking ANY company 13 days to confirm I AM WHO I SAY I AM!!! Besides I answered every security question, social security #, address, phone number, last transactions!! I'M DONE!!!

Jul 07 2019

Don't get this card. I have two cards with them. They put one of my cards on restriction for paying too much on the card. I paid my card off with the same back account I've been making minimum payments on. I finally had the money to pay it off and they restrict my card asking for a letter mailed from my bank saying that I authorized the payment. Keep in my mind I have two cards from them. Had the cards for at least 2 years. Made payments every month with the same back account. Now they want to put my card on hold for paying it off! Stay away...

Jul 05 2019
CREDIT ONE IS AWFUL!

I've had two Credit One cards for 4+ years, a Visa and a MasterCard. I pay more than the minimum payment each month and have been 100% on time for the entire time I've had them. The problem is - once you've repaired your credit, you're stuck with the high interest and high fees and they will not raise your credit limit. I've made numerous requests over the past year and even though my credit report shows "Excellent" credit, with a score of 780 they refuse to increase the measly $1,200 credit limit on either of my cards and can't give me a reason why other than "we have no offers for you". This is ridiculous! I've been waiting for an offer they will never extend and paying extremely high fees and interest on these cards that are now actually hurting my credit! I've kept these cards in an effort to not disrupt my credit report but now I'm completely fed up! I'm going to have to take the hit, open new credit cards and close these which is a pain. Based on years of dealing with Credit One, I can confirm that the majority of the complaints on this company are absolutely true. If you're looking to repair your credit, there are fare better credit card companies out there that won't rip you off as bad as Credit One. Save yourself the headache and avoid Credit One altogether!

Jul 04 2019

I applied two payments in April and in May totaling up to $318 which more than covers my minimum payment of $25 per month. I assumed that the excess money would be applied for June and now they're saying I also owe $25 for July. They assessed a late fee for skipping my payment in June and are charging me $50 to activate my card again, since July is due. I repeat $318 in two months and I was assessed a late fee. Do not use this card...they steal your money and I was penalized for making early, larger payments. Theives! I give them zero stars. Horrible.

Jul 01 2019
Fees for EVERYTHING

This card worked well for me in re-establishing my credit but the downside is that this particular bank charges you for everything. Credit increase, CHARGE! Replacement card, CHARGE! Personalized image on card, CHARGE! Authorized user, CHARGE! It's like you guys already charge high APR percentages now you want to further exploit my past credit problems. I feel there's better choices in secured cards like Capital One and Discover who eventually increase your limit after responsible use and Merrick is a good unsecured choice for those with past credit issues.

Jun 30 2019
Thievery!

Do not apply for this card! This credit card company is pure thieves! They will charge you interest the second you start making purchases! They make money on every purchase you make that means you will always owe some sort of Interest! stay far away from this card!

Jun 29 2019
????

????

Money Grab

I have/had this card. I have a child with special needs and had to declare bankrupty so I got this to help improve my credit afterwards. My limit is $2500. I pay my card off every month without fail and I average $15 for interest- even thought I have never carried over a balance. It also costs $10 a month to have a payment made to your account in 1-2 business days instead of 7-10. You also cannot see what charges you have that amount to your current balance- you have to wait unti your next month bill comes out. So, you either have to keep track yourself or take their word for it. This card is nothing but a cash grab. Same yourself and your money- dont bother.

Jun 28 2019
Seems to be a great company

Get it

Great!

Approval, was easy! However, I haven't gotten a CL increase.

Great Company

As long as you pay your bills on time, everything is fine. I have had no issues whatsoever. I never had to talk to anyone over the phone and pay my bill over the phone app. Simple process

81-90 of 2021