2.4
2022 Reviews

Aug 18 2014
It is what it is

I got this card about 16months ago when my fico was about 530, got approved for 300, then 450, then 600 now 750. Yes they charge u 22.95 for every increase, yes they charge their annual fee in annoying monthly payments of 8.25 probably hoping u miss a payment so they can hit u with the late fee. My score is now 594 just got approved for cap one quicksilver for 300. This card is about rebuilding credit ive never dealt with the cust service, i make about 200 a month of purchases and sometimes make multiple payments on purchases. They do report to all 3 bureaus and it is accurate. Its helped me get my score up and yes when i hit about 700 ill probably cancel it as i get better cards with lesser fees in the meantime if i asked u would u pay me 99 bucks if i could get your fico score up 50points in a year u probably would if you looking at this review, well thats what this card can do. All the negative reviews are from stupid people not reading, yes express payments they charge, standard ones are free they take maybe 4 biz days and no your available credit isnt available til after it processes so maybe a week in total. Everything is in writing people just have to learn to read and they then wont get u with all these hidden charges.

Dec 21 2018

WORST CREDIT CARD EVER!!!! PLEASE RUN!!!! I went out of town & used the card at Walmart & my card was immediately declined. I received a text to confirm the transaction. I received another text stating my card was cleared and ready to use again. Well, it wasn't. Customer service was closed. I called the following morning only to discover that if you're out of town & use it at Walmart they automatically place a block on your card and to remove this block you must FAX a copy of you Drivers License & a recent utility bill to their 'home office' it gets better, it takes 2-3 days for them to receive your fax & an additional 7-10 days for them to review it & release the hold on your card!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have NEVER heard of it taking ANY company 13 days to confirm I AM WHO I SAY I AM!!! Besides I answered every security question, social security #, address, phone number, last transactions!! I'M DONE!!!

Convenient

This card really helped with financial strides I was trying to make. It’s a great step for a beginner, like me, while building my credit.

I am very grateful!!

IT'S HELPING ME RESTART MY CREDIT. WHATS BETTER THAT !!!! Only Credit One had my back, and still do.

Credit one platinum

Good to have for rebuilding credit. Advice to pay bills on time

Credit One Bank

Absolutely love this card...Its allowing me to re-establish my credit

May 04 2020
Horrible!

WORST CREDIT CARD EVER!! Very long story but to make it short....they kept entering my information wrong even though I gave it to them 6 times, customer service “ managers” are even clueless! Due to system issue I kept trying to pay my bill they would not take it and kept telling me to call back, and I would and no one would help me. My credit went down ever since I got this

May 01 2020
They require a letter from bank to PAY your bill??

I got this card and my first several attempts to use it declined, purportedly for verification purposes? FINALLY was able to succeed on a single purchase. Made my payment to Credit One in full and was credited. Attempted to use card again and declines again. THIS TIME it is because they need me to provide a signature card from my bank showing I AM AUTHORIZED TO PAY MY BILL, EVEN THOUGH they have accepted my payment, it has cleared my bank days ago. This card is a total waste of time. They refuse to send me a letter making the request for signature verification. I'm done with this card, shredding it.

Apr 26 2020
NO COMMUNICATION AT ALL!!

I had 2 cards with them for 3 yrs. My credit was great. I always paid each card separately and over the minimum due every month via my bank's bill pay. I found out they had closed my account due to a missed payment but what happened is they applied the payment for one of my cards to the other account so it looked like I missed a payment. I called to ask about it and they said there was nothing they could do about it because the account was closed and they would send me a letter of explanation via mail. First of all, I never got a late notice about the account. I never got a notice about the closure either. It's been 2 weeks and they still haven't sent a letter of explanation. I just sent off 2 checks to pay off the balance of both cards and put in an investigation to all 3 credit reporting agencies about this because I have all my receipts of payment and I am hoping the investigation takes this off my credit.

Apr 20 2020
Great until they closed account because of credit

I was approved for both a Visa and Mastercard to "improve" credit score. I only used the card for expenses for work. I paid off the card pretty much in full every month. I had a 0 balance on both cards and was NEVER late. I just received a letter in the mail for both cards that stated because of my credit score they were closing my account. How can a credit card company that uses high interest close an account on a customer who pays on time without accruing much interest AT ALL close your account UNLESS, because you are not late and paying them late fees and interest payments...they cancel your account. I will gladly show my payment history to anyone who doesn't believe this garbage. I thought cards like this was supposed to help you rebuild credit not take it away.

11-20 of 2022