• Balance Transfer Intro APR 0%* intro for 15 months
  • Purchase Intro APR 0%* intro for 15 months

Mar 19, 2019
Horrible Customer Service
Aldawg42 Cardholder

I put in a dispute for a $500 bank charge that should have never happened.  Chase initally removed the charge pending an investigation.  A month later, I was recharged the same amount and was sent a letter in the mail saying that their investigation confirmed that it was a ligitimate change and if I wanted to continue the dispute, I had the let them know by a date THAT WAS IN THE PAST.  I called them as soon as the letter arrived in my mailbox and ask them to reopen the case.  I said I would send more evidence that it was an erroreous change.  Everytime I would email asking for an update, I got the same canned reply, and never a followup, so had the call them many times.  One time I called and was told that the correction would appear in the next billing cycle.  When I called back a month later, was told the case was closed for months and could not be reopened (even though was told in previous calls that they were still working on it).  One customer service person actually told me that as long as I give someone my credit card number, they have the right to charge whatever amount they want, regardless of whether I approved the amount or not.  To say dealing with Chase Freedom Unlimited customer service was nightmarish would be a huge understatement.  I ended up having the take the bank to small claims court, which I won.  Soon after, I cancelled my Chase Freedom Unlimited as well as many of my other Chase Credit Cards.

Apr 11, 2019

Good for you! I’m glad you won the case. I’ve had that happen to me as well. Although it was a long time ago. I can understand your frustration. These businesses have to realize if it wasn’t for us they wouldn’t be in business. Congratulations!

Apr 11, 2019

I’m glad someone other than me will stand up for your rights and not let people take advantage. Good for you. 👍👍👍

Mar 04, 2019
Very Limited rewards.
MichaGeorge1 Cardholder

There are very few rewards with this card and they seem to have a very strange way of calculating interest.  This is definitely not an incentive based card.

Mar 27, 2019

How would you say they calculate their interest rates? Curious to know... Thanks!

Mar 03, 2019
BETTER OUT THERE!
Mikeyjl Cardholder

Was given a credit line of $6200, less than 1/2 of my other cards. I have excellent credit, have very little debt and make plenty of money. I requested an increase they ran a credit check, which screwed my credit score up and only raised it to $7500. My lowest card has $12,000 credit limit. STAY away from them, much better out there. AND there foreign customer service is useless!

Mar 04, 2019

f you have to much extended credit or keep large balances they will not give you larger CL.....also if you have had more than 2 inquiries in the past 3 months that will also have a effect on the CL they will extend to you.

Mar 06, 2019

If you have other cards with low balances and $12k+ limits, it doesn’t make much sense from a credit standpoint to request a credit increase on another card.

Feb 28, 2019
Not all what it says
R0iB0i Cardholder

This card is nice to the point where you get rewards and no annual. BUT.... Balance transfer is not a real thing. You can only transfer within chase and it the amount you want to transfer has to be the entire amount, providing this new card has a higher limit. You are not able to transfer from other services or accounts as it says through chase. It says you much wait for an offer which there are never any. If you plan on signing up for this card to do balance transfers, don't.

Mar 06, 2019

Not true. My Chase Freedom Unlimited card was just approved with a balance transfer from my Barclay’s card.

Chase Freedom Unlimited®