3.0

Oct 28 2019
Lots of benefits!

When you add up the value of the benefits, this card pays for itself plus you'll earn miles, too. Uber credits, airline upgrade credits, Saks Fifth Ave credits, TSA credit, hotel and rental car upgrades, airport lounge access, and more!

Jan 11 2018
Great customer service. Terrible rewards

I have had this card for two of my businesses for about 5 years. THE GOOD: I love the high level of quality customer service i receive when I call in. I love their web site and I love their Spend Manager app. I also love the prestige of the card itself and the fact that it's made from metal. THE BAD: The points system is so insanely complex and difficult to use. When speaking with the department that helps you to cash in the points, you quickly learn that they are not intelligent, empowered, helpful, or considerate. This department is the polar opposite of the Customer Care department. It is almost as though they are constantly trying to tell you that your points do not apply for the things you want. Want to book a hotel in Breckenridge, CO? Sorry, we don't have any partner hotels there. Want to combine the points on both your business cards into one? Nope...sorry, but the primary for one of the cards is you and the other is your wife, so you can't combine the points to go on a family trip together. It's all just too complicated. The handling of the points is literally pushing me to look at replacing this card with the something more simple, like the Cap One Spark card.

Oct 28 2019
Lots of benefits!

Jun 08 2018
Got this card at score 762

It sure need lots of spend but for open bonus. Not that hard to apply.

Jan 11 2018
Great customer service. Terrible rewards

Jun 09 2015
Terrible Customer Service

Amex used to have top-rated customer service until now. I applied for the platinum business card. I called amex several days after I was approved because my card didn't arrive on the day they said it would arrive. Their customer service is now outsourced to a call center in the Philippines and India. My experience was horrific. I was on the phone for about 3 hours just to find out when my card will arrive. The reps argued with me and refused to connect me to a Supervisor because the rep said that the supervisor will just give me the same exact answer. I have never experienced bad customer service from Amex. I paid $450 annual dues for this premium card and expect to have top-quality service; however I did not get the premium service as I expected. Amex need to re-evaluate their customer service and possibly stop using a call center from another country. It seems like Amex is going downhill; from excellent customer service to the worst customer service; losing the Costco deal and losing some of their perks for Platinum cardholders.