Credit Score
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders that a credit score that currently falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit score across all holders of this card, every month, for the past year.
Credit Limit
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose credit limit on this card currently falls within the given amount ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit of all holders of this card whose current credit score falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit of all holders of this card whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose current balance on this card falls within the given amount ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average current balance for all holders of this card whose current credit score falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average current balance for all holders of this card whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose current credit limit utilization for this card falls within the given utilization ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit utilization for all holders of this card whose current credit score falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit utilization for all holders of this card whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
60+ Days Past Due Status
  • info This chart displays the percent of holders of this card that were 60+ days past due for the given month for the past year.
  • info This chart displays the percent of holders of this card that are currently 60+ days past due and whose current credit score falls within the given score range.
  • info This chart displays the average amount that is 60+ days past due for holders whose current credit score falls within the given score range.
Age of Cardholder
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
Sample Size: 8,073
Data Created: October 01, 2013

86 Cardholder Reviews

Results 1-10 of 86Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 9   Previous | Next

An excellent card and service Helpful to 13 out of 14 people

I've had the BankAmerica Platinum Plus since 2007. I just had it product converted to the 1-2-3 rewards card. The woman who handled the conversion was exceptionally nice and helpful. I'm getting the version with the EMV chip in it, just because they offer it (BoA seems to be on the cutting edge of a lot of tech - contactless, chip cards, two-factor authentication card/text, virtual card numbers - no other bank I know of/do business with offers all of these at the same time, and to a relative "nobody" client at that).

Since I have a BoA checking account, I'll get an effective 3.3% cashback on gas purchases and 2.2% effective on grocery purchases (1.1% effective on everything else). This makes it a prime gas card, more valuable (IMO) than the American Express Blue Cash Everday (2% on gas) or Blue Cash Preferred (3% back on gas), as long as you spend less than $500 on gas every month.

It's not as good as the rotating 5% cards (Discover More (have), Chase Freedom and Citi Dividend) when it's their quarter, but it gives you a baseline of 3.3% for those months when you don't have the bonus.

Only the Penfed gas card (that I'm aware of) gives a constant 5% back on gas (0.25% back on everything else!), but from what I understand, Penfed is much stricter about their card than BoA is.

So depsite the fact that people like to complain about this card's spending caps, "weak" rewards, bank affiliation, etc., for most human beings, I think it is a simple, fair and valuable rewards card that will suit most people quite well.

kekrre's review was:

Nov 09, 2012 Reply

kekrre(4, 41)

Review by kekrre

Great cash back card in the BOFA family Helpful to 7 out of 7 people

I first had the BOFA World mastercard at a $2.5k limit (originally approved for $1k in Mar 2011) and requested to convert to the BankAmericard Cash Rewards (aka 123) card in Apr 2012. I got approved for a $5k limit. The icing on the cake is a 25% bonus  I got once I logged on to my BOFA account since I have a checking/savings account with BOFA. This really prompted my application. This translates to a 3.75% on gas, 2.5% on grocery and a regular 1.25% on all other purchases (including discount stores, warehouses, etc.) I never used the World mastercard much since the rewards were pathetic and honestly I should have always gone for a cashback card. No regrets now with the 25% bonus. The Visa Signature card reports the high balance as the limit. So I had to accumulate several months before my utilization showed as normal. The 0% APR helped. I typically pay in full so it was not a big reason why I applied. A big peeve with this card is it charges foreign transaction fees even if the purchase is in USD, (say with foreign airlines like Lufthansa, Emirates, etc.) unlike Chase. This is my top choice card now. Though there is a helpful increase your credit limit button on the portal, it says my credit report will be pulled. I wish it is a soft inquiry.

sparkarma's review was:

Nov 29, 2012 Reply

sparkarma(3, 9)

Review by sparkarma

Enjoy the card Helpful to 6 out of 6 people

I am a big fan of my Discover More, Chase Freedom, AMEX Gold, and now BankAmericard Cash Rewards with EMV Chip.  Between setting up my quarterly rotations from Discover and Chase, BofA will compliment my other spending maximizing my cashback.  I spend a couple thousand per month personally and put my work expenses on my personal AMEX.  I have received approximately $100 cashback each month utilizing this method along with accruing valuable AMEX points which I will use towards a flight in 2013.

I have a BofA checking/savings and a mortgage through them and was instantly approved for 10k.  My credit score is 724 due mostly to 6 inquiries in 2012 along with lowering my AAoA but it has been well worth it as I have boosted my overall credit 60 points and over $34k in just over a year by being diligent on paying of my card, asking my older accounts for a limit increase due to work increase travel expenses, contesting a couple 30 day late payments from 4 years ago that were ultimately exponged, and using my debit card (which I used to pay EVERYTHING with) sparingly.

I went through my early and mid-20's not even caring or thinking about credit and as soon as I started to take responsibility for my finances it became extremely rewarding to build a credit cushion which enabled me to buy my first house this past July by myself at the age of 30.

Everybody moves at their own pace- for those that struggle with credit score and finances keep treating the score with respect and work on paying of debt and you'll get more approvals and have a great chance at meeting your future buying/financial goals, whatever they may be.

Hepsta's review was:

Dec 27, 2012 Reply

Hepsta(1, 6)

Review by Hepsta

have had since 2008, good card Helpful to 5 out of 5 people

I got this card back in 2008 when I was a college student with a credit score of about 700 and an income of less than $10k. My original credit line was $1000, with 13.24% APR and lots of rewards (3% on gas, 2% groceries, 1% everything else). That interest rate has stayed the same, though the credit line has increased gradually per my requests--first to $5000, then to $10,000, then $13,500, and finally to $16,000 last month. My income is currently about $70k and my credit rating is still around 700 (lots of student debt, plus several recent inquiries for home improvement loans). The rewards have also gotten slightly better-now I get 1.25 points for each dollar spent as the base amount, up from 1%. Customer service has always been a breeze to work with whenever I had any questions.

Jan 10, 2013 Reply

Can I ask what you majored in with that kind of post-college income? Impressive.

Greg4u's reply was:

Jul 21, 2013

Greg4u(1, 1)

Review by Greg4u

The award discounts are not accurate Helpful to 4 out of 4 people

I switch over to BOA 1-2-3 Cash Rewards about a year ago the 3% that you are supposed to receive (for gas) does not happen too often. I emailed about the problem and made calls and nothing was resolved. Just be and keep an eye on the program. I wasn’t satisfied at all so I am changing over to Chase.

Dec 11, 2012 Reply

I concur with other reviews. A constant rewards earning policy of 3% on gas, 2% on groceries and 1% on all other purchases is much easier to comprehend than the quarterly rotational categories Chase and Discover offer, where the customer must enroll. The enrollment process alone is a negative customer experience and is only a marketer's ploy to gain eyeballs and engagement without returning any value to the consumer. My spending has shifted to my BofA card for this reason.

cdthompso1's review was:

Mar 03, 2012 Reply

cdthompso1(6, 17)

Review by cdthompso1

BEWARE Helpful to 3 out of 3 people

Review your REWARDS TRANSACTION HISTORY. My rewards are a little fluky and inconsistent. I always trusted the way BOA dealt with their transactions so I never bothered checking my rewards history. So I was surprised to find that from January of 2012 to July of 2012, they were only crediting 2% for my Gas cash back. Now, I wouldn't mind but this was when I traveled 40 miles one way to work every day, 5-6x/week. I spent the max of 1500/quarter. I was probably back by about $30.00. Pretty big deal considering it builds up and you get an added 10% on top of that if you redeem it into your checkings/savings account. Anyway, I'm on hold with customer service right now and they're saying it was credited. I'm no accountant but I now my math. Things aren't adding up. I'll update further.

May 13, 2013 Reply

In so far as interest rates, this card is like all the others. The strong pint is that it doesn't have the anoying rotating special rebate categories that Chase and Citi do. Just 3% on gas, 2% on groceries and 1% on the rest. Plus, you get s significant bonus if you allow your rebate balance to grow up to $300 or more. If you pay your balance each month it's a pretty good deal.

DaveInConnecticut's review was:

Feb 25, 2012 Reply

DaveInConnecticut(2, 5)

Review by DaveInConnecticut

The old cash rewards system awarded a 25% bonus after $300 in rewards, you only get 1% back for all of your purchases though, the new system is 1 2 3 as stated. Under the new 1 2 3 system you can get a 10% bonus at any redemption level however it has to be redeemed into a BoA checking acct.

sykosys's reply was:

Oct 30, 2012

sykosys(4, 5)

Review by sykosys

Pre-Approved! So far, so good. Helpful to 2 out of 2 people

I'm a current BoA checking account customer and I got a pre-selected letter in the mail about this card. I saw that they did a soft pull on Experian so I figured I had a good chance.

Instantly approved for $2,500 which is good enough for me.

The card itself came in about a week. I got 0% APR for 15 months then 14.99% after...heck, that's better than the Chase Freedom card I was trying to get a few months back!

I've been using it as my everyday card, rotating with my Discover IT to get the respective bonuses each quarter. Since I already bank with BoA, I can make a payment easily by just doing a simple transfer from my checking account online or from my iPhone. I run around $1000/month through it monthly and like to pay twice a month to keep my reported balance down.

Haven't had to call them for anything, and hopefully I won't have to.

injustifiiable's review was:

Dec 14, 2013 Reply

injustifiiable(51, 91)

Review by injustifiiable

So far so good ! Helpful to 2 out of 2 people

Opened by BoA checking and secured credit cards in Nov'13....got my secured card approved for $500 but got it increased to $1000 by paying $500 more...this base credit line of $1000 helped me build my credit over the past year....got a letter from BoA in Aug'13 stating that my credit line has been increased to $2500 and also enclosed was a check for $1000 that I paid upfront....never had any issues with BoA be it at the bank or the customer care ...got my credit card converted to the cash rewards one in Aug'13 and have had no issues till now...only concern is that you cannot redeem the cash back unless it is at least $25 unlike Discover which you can claim at any amount level...but still I have no issues as I have a BoA card with $2500 CL and a Discover card with $1500 CL where I can get the cash back effectively !!

rajrshekhar's review was:

Sep 05, 2013 Reply

rajrshekhar(3, 2)

Review by rajrshekhar

What Discover card do you have that allows cash back in any amount?

My IT and Cash Back cards both say "Credit your Cashback Bonus to your Discover card account starting at $50, in $50 increments."

beejay93's reply was:

Sep 06, 2013

beejay93(45, 217)

Review by beejay93

Results 1-10 of 86Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 9   Previous | Next

Add Your Review Of BankAmericard Cash Rewards™ Card

• Balance Transfer Intro APR 0% intro for 12 Billing Cycles on qualifying transfers
  • Balance Transfer Regular APR 12.99% – 22.99%*Variable
  • Purchase Intro APR 0% intro for 12 Billing Cycles on qualifying transfers
  • Purchase Regular APR 12.99% – 22.99%*Variable
Learn More Visit Application Page

Cardholder Rating Distribution (86)

Top Similar Cards

Bank of America offers a variety of high-value credit cards, like the BankAmericard Cash Rewards™, BankAmericard Travel Rewards® and BankAmericard® Visa® cards, featuring competitive rates.

Bank of America is one of the world's largest financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses and large corporations with a full range of banking, investing, asset management and other financial and risk management products and services. The company provides unmatched convenience in the United States, serving approximately 57 million consumer and small business relationships with approximately 5,700 retail banking offices and approximately 17,250 ATMs and award-winning online banking with 30 million active users.

BankAmericard Cash Rewards™ Card