Great for flexible cash back††

$0

3.6

Apr 13, 2018
Excellent card - Fraud detection rocks

I had someone hack into my walmart.com account, where i had this card setup along with chase sapphire. The chase transactions went through without any roadblocks, but boa dutifully alerted me suspecting fradulent transactions through text messages. It made me reply "YES" or "NO" to confirm authenticity. Once i replied "NO", the transactions were blocked and my card was restricted. Then i logged on to the website, i had an option to block the current card, and a new one issued. Breeze, compared to chase ,where i had to spend 20 minutes with customer support to do the same.. No tthat it was bad, but the process in BOA is far better.. Their cashback deals are also good once in a while.

May 29, 2018
Worst customer service ever

Be prepared to have them lock your card multiple times without notifying you until your standing in line with a cart full of groceries at checkout. My wife and I have excellent credit and account is and was in good standing. Apparently BOA fraud thinks that grocery purchases are suspicious. It takes 6 months before they can learn your spending behavior. Until then you will be blocked without warning then have to spend over an hour on the phone only to re verify your identity to each of the 5 customer service representatives who you speak to. The will provide you with mis information more than once, and play phone games laughing at the situation offering no resolution. To me a credit card that you can't use for daily purchases is useless. Unless you want to call BOA and sit on hold for hours to ask permission to buy something.

Aug 29, 2021
Great flexible card, with added perks

I've carried this card for 15 years, and I keep deposit accounts with BoA. With a customer bonus and preferred rewards bonus, I can increase the max bonus for purchases to over 4%. I can also easily switch bonus categories mid-quarter when needed. While the base reward (1%) isn't enough to make it an "everyday" card, it's great for consistent categories like groceries and fuel.

Aug 25, 2021
Great secondary card

Not the best card to have in your wallet but a good secondary to fill in any spots your other cards lack in. Like 3% for ALL online shopping, hard to beat.

Aug 07, 2021
Disappointment

I've been waiting to apply for a new credit card credit card credit karma lets you know in the bottom if your chances of being approved my chances were high and I was not approved very disappointed now 12 to 3 points are going down

Jul 25, 2021
I’m over it

Been with Bank of America 14 years with scores in the 750s. Never had not 1 issue with them, no over drafts, nothing. Only card they will approve me for is their secured card! If in the end I can’t at least product change their Americard into this cash rewards, I’ll be upset. My credit report is great as well, I don’t owe anyone, I just don’t get why I was denied with 1 inquiry!

Jul 05, 2021
Approved

Went to BOA website and tried the pre-qualification form and I was given this card as the best option for being approved. I applied and was approved instantly. C Karma odds were poor...I was approved with a good credit line

Jun 27, 2021
Awful NEVER going back

BOA is one of the worst bank I had to do banking with . they will hit you with charges coming from left field ...

May 25, 2021
Don’t Apply For This Card

Agree with many of the other reviews. This card is not worth getting an “inquiry” on your credit report. My credit score ranges from the high 700’s to the low 800’s, have great income, and they wouldn’t approve me because I don’t have any other accounts with Bank of America.

May 24, 2021
"foreign" transaction fee ridiculous

They will charge you foreign transaction fees even if you are purchasing from the US branch of a company and paying in USD. Other card with foreign transaction fees don't charge it for purchases from these same brands online (I have tested it!). Not worth the effort/time calling customer support before purchasing anything with this card to make sure you aren't going to get hit with these ridiculous charges.

May 18, 2021
Cash Back Multiplier

I have had this card since 2013 and use it frequently (credit score was around 700 then and well over 800 now). By holding a certain level of assets at BofA and setting up cash back auto-redemption to deposit into one of my BofA accounts I get a "rewards bonus" of 25-75%. They also have "BankAmeriDeals" with various companies to further multiply your earnings - I get an extra 5-10% back when the deals are active at companies like Starbucks, PetSmart, etc. I will even see an item in store and buy online to get the extra points on larger purchases when my 3% reward is set to online shopping. In 2021 (as of May 18), I have earned $214.21 in cash back and received $95.98 bonus cash - $310.19 total deposited in my checking account. In 2020 I earned ~$650. If you already have assets at BofA and/or do a lot of spending in one of their 3% categories I definitely recommend this card. I also find the BofA app easy to use, appreciate the security features on the card, and have always experienced excellent customer care.

Apr 24, 2021
Stop wasting people time

I’ve applied and was denied with 747 credit score. I’m not what is BOA is looking for from an applicant

Great for flexible cash back††