BankAmericard Cash Rewards™ Credit Card Reviews

• Balance Transfer Intro APR 0% for 12 Billing Cycles on balance transfers made in the first 60 days

Our Take

The Bank of America® Cash Rewards credit card is a solid cash back option for people with good to excellent credit.

What to Like

The Bank of America® Cash Rewards credit card offers 3% cash back on gas and 2% cash back at grocery stores and wholesale clubs for the first $2,500 in combined grocery stores, wholesale club, and gas purchases each quarter. You can earn 1% cash back on all other purchases, and get a $150 cash rewards bonus after $500 in purchases in the first 90 days.

Look Out For

You’ll pay a 3% or $10 fee on any balance transfers whichever is greater, as well as a 3% fee on foreign transactions. If you’re late on a payment, you could be subject to a high penalty APR that may overshadow any rewards earnings.

• Balance Transfer Regular APR 13.99%
  • Purchase Regular APR 13.99%

Our Take

The BankAmericard Cash Rewards™ credit card is a solid cash back option for people with good to excellent credit.

What to Like

The BankAmericard Cash Rewards™ credit card offers 3% cash back on gas and 2% cash back at grocery stores and wholesale clubs for the first $2,500 in combined grocery stores, wholesale club, and gas purchases each quarter. You can earn 1% cash back on all other purchases, and get a $150 cash rewards bonus after $500 in purchases in the first 90 days.

• Balance Transfer Regular APR 15.99%

• Purchase Regular APR 23.99%

Oct 06, 2016
Gave me $5k easily
MimiRoss Cardholder

CreditKarma had me as "GOOD" and Credit Sesame had me as "FAIR" for this card so tried it and got the "7-10 days we will get back with you". Instead of waiting I called the recon # and talked to a specialist. Asked me to verify my identity by asking me some questions from my credit report. They pulled my Tansunion credit report (794). For this card I actually asked them to give me more but they refused and instead encouraged me to try a credit limit increase in 6 months. They then put me on hold for like 10 minutes to complete the process. Tried to get me to sign up for a checking or savings account but I declined. They also encouraged me to apply for other products but I declined that too. Then they approved for $5,000. Told me I would get the card within 5-7 business days.

My Sign Up Bonus:

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

3% cash back on gas

2% cash back at grocery stores and wholesale clubs, up to the first $2,500 in combined grocery/wholesale club/gas purchases each quarter.

After that you’ll keep earning 1% cash back on those purchases until the new quarter starts. You also earn 1% cash back on every other purchase you make with the card.

Mar 23, 2017
BAIT & SWITCH ~BEWARE OF BOA
ArtRevu Cardholder

My FICO was 758 with a Cap One Quicksilver,$750,  Discover Chrome IT $1000 and Amex Everday Blue $4000, each with NO annual fee and gave rewards, maintaining zeo monthly balance on most.

This was to be my only Visa and was to round out my credit portfolio. Every time I logged in to Credit Karma  or Experian, it was recommended  to me so I decided to apply.

I was supposed to receive '0' annual fee, $100 Sign On Bonus after first $500 spent and cash back on all purchases.

Instead they sent this card with a $39 annual fee 20+% interest fee and no rewards or sign on bonus and a limit of $500.

I received but did NOT activate the card, because the deal was not what I applied for, so I contacted them and was told they would check into it and get back to me in 5-7 business days and suggested I activate the card and one customer service representative offered to waive the $39 fee. I asked what about next year? I said I didnt want to be locked into an annual fee card and that their interest rate being over 20% was higher than both my Discover and Amex cards, meaning I would have no use for the card they sent..

I told them I was NOT going to activate it ~ unless they gave me the original deal that I applied for as I didnt need the card and certainly not their bait and switch deal.

I did wait about a week to hear from them but when they didnt contact me back although I received a first bill in the mail, showing I owed them $39 annual fee.

I called again and told them I had NOT activated the card and if they were not going to give me the deal I had applied for, that I would send them back the card but was told to go ahead and destroy the card and they would cancel the account for me, even though I had never activated it in the first place.

Instead of it being a canceled deal, as it was NOT ever  an activated account, they put it on my credit report, as if it had been an active account and closed by me with a zero balance.

This is very signicant as its a misrepresentation and has now dropped my credit from 758 to 655 - over 100 pts in about a month.

I have put in a dispute and its now closed as a closed account .I believe it should not even appear on  my credit report as it was not the card I applied for nor activated.

I understand that some points are for applying, however as I did apply. If they werent going to honor their offer, they should have simply denied credit.

What I dont accept however is that they baited and switched the account and when I refused their second deal, instead of canceling it they marked it against me.

I highly recommend being leary of Bank of America for their underhanded false way of reporting.

Although they apologized, they still have not corrected their mischaracterization of my credit.

My FICO will be back up in a few months, as I pay my bills early and frequently and keep some cards paid in full monthly and utilization less than 30% most of the time overall.

Bank of America on the other hand has caused harm not good to one who would have been a good  customer.

If you arent prepared to take a large hit on your FICO and a poor deal of a card, I would recommend staying away from Bank of America.

Sep 11, 2017
It's a great starter card
phattanle Cardholder

If you're looking to build credit, have someone co-sign for you. Also, it's great for earning cash back as a student. I got approved for a $5000 credit limit with good / new credit. Customer service needs to improve though.

Sep 17, 2017

What was your aaoa?

Sep 11, 2017
It's a great starter card
Anonymous Cardholder

My true story with BoA Cash Reward card
Anonymous Cardholder

This is my first and only card for past few years,  since im doing all my banking with them, why go anywhere else. I was so wrong... I started off with $1000 CL, I submit a credit line increase every 6 months and I was up to $25k. When I brought my house last year, I charged all my new house expenses (washer, dryer, wood flooring, landscaping, window treatment...) on this card. With all the reward I saved up. It's perfect for a new TV. When I'm ready for TV shopping, I'd got a letter from them and stated my Visa account are being closed due to all the unusual activity with my account and they consider I'm a risk to the bank. And the very worst thing was all cash reward were gone, "forfeited" is the term. I call and spoke to every single soul at the customer service, supervisor, and managerment. I explain the situation to them and offer pay the entire balance at once. Unfortunately, According to them nothing they can do once account are closed, so is all the cash reward. I question them why wouldnt they contact me first or at least give me a chance to explain what's going on? All I got was they were sorry. I paid of the Visa card the very next statement and closed all my account with them. This is a true story and thats how BoA treat a loyal customer.

Georgi1977 Cardholder

They don't report to the credit companies regularly and can close your accounts wothough notice even with great credit.also they kept denying me with score close to 800 and I earned rewards witch I never got once they closed the cards.not to mention that whatever they promised when I aplied wasn't what they actually gave me

great intro perks
jaygee05 Cardholder

the money you get back after spending so much with the card within the first three months is great

Aug 31, 2017
Very good benefits
Emperor32 Cardholder

I applied for this card yesterday and was approved with a $7500 credit limit. I also have a discover card at 6000, a citi card at 5000, and a chase card at 5000. I signed up for this card due to the cash back on gas and wholesale clubs mainly. Three percent back on gas bests my other cards. I'd have to say the best part of this card is that if you have a bank of America checking or savings account and deposit your cash back into that account, you get an additional 10 percent on the cash back you just deposited. Which means free money. So if you earn 5 dollars in cash back rewards from the 3 percent back in gas, for example, you'd multiply $5 by .1 and that's how much extra you get by depositing it into a boa account. Very useful feature. Can't wait to get the $150 cash bonus for spending 500 in the first 90 days either.

Oh and for reference my credit karma score was 753 when I applied for this card.

Aug 29, 2017
High interest, lots of rules and regs
gramlyn Cardholder

There are so many other good cards out there, I had this but never again.  Good credit doesn't matter to Bank of America