3.6

Jan 30, 2021
Do not need a BOA account/prior relationship!

I applied as a 21 year old with a 747 credit score and was scared cause I read reviews about others getting declined because of no prior relationship/bank account with BOA. I have never banked with BOA I got approved no problem. Just wanted to put others at ease who applied and checked the reviews and realized they might get declined because of never banking with them.

Dec 23, 2020
Avoid at all Costs. I can take a no this w/Absurd!

I applied for something I was assured would be a high opening limit, and an instant answer and approval. 835 Credit Score - Perfect Profile for a Creditor. I was denied because I had an inquiry 6 months ago and because I don't have a checking account with Bank of America. There are far better cards and frankly when most of your cards have a 35,000 revolving line and they start you at 1,500 - Do your Homework, this is a loser in my book

Oct 08, 2022
Worst card in my wallet

Read the ToS on the Bill Pay. It's horrible. Do not use it! Unlike other cards I can't just pay online without signing up for Bill Pay. In order to sign up for Bill Pay you have to agree to the horrible Terms. This means that I had to buy checks & pay in person or by mail every month. After the introductory rate expires this card will never be used again. The BoA locations in my city have only ONE teller which means minimum 20 minutes waiting to pay my bill. Not worth it.

Oct 03, 2022
Poor Customer Service

They don't send statements and then charge you late fees for not paying

Sep 09, 2022
A hassle

Their activation process isn’t as easy as they make it out to be. I can’t even use the thing and it’s a hassle.

Sep 06, 2022
EXCELLENT CHANCE OF APROVAL! NOT!

Credit Karma says my chance of approval is excellent yet when I applied the denied me. I have Excellent credit at 760+ Beware people!

Aug 05, 2022
Just got accepted

I applied thru credit karma and got accepted. It was easy but it took a Lil longer cause my credit is on fraud protection from having a fraud alert a while back. So boa called and made sure I applied and was very nice and pleasant to tell me I was accepted and to look for it in the mail. So I will give another later review after I get the card but as for the application part and customer service was great

Jun 28, 2022
Did BofA ask you to apply?

I have a BofA credit card that get's monthly use, is always paid on time, and carries no balance. For the last month, BofA has been emailing me pre-screened offers, about 3 a week, asking me to apply for this new 'customized cash rewards' credit card. I finally applied (my credit score is excellent with no negative reporting, and I'm prescreened, so why not?) DENIED, is why not. Now I have a pointless hard pull on my credit report, harming my score. BofA: Don't barrage customers with prescreened offers if you're regularly denying applicants who have excellent credit.

Jun 02, 2022
STILL IN LIMBO

I applied for this card because Credit Karma say "Good" I filled out applications my credit score is 725 & 720. Why am I still waiting on them to review my application. I also applied to my credit union the same day I was approved instantly with a 10,000 limit as far as I am concerned Bank of America can KICK ROCKS!!!!!

May 25, 2022
Terrible credit card benefits and services

I filed a claim and they took forever to process. No communication whatsoever. I had to keep calling and calling them. Al most three months to process the claim properly. Really ridiculous.

May 18, 2022