BankAmericard Cash Rewards™ Credit Card

• Balance Transfer Intro APR 0% intro for 12 Billing Cycles on qualifying transfers
  • Purchase Intro APR 0% intro for 12 Billing Cycles

Our Take

The BankAmericard Cash Rewards™ credit card is a solid cash back option for people with good to excellent credit.

What to Like

The BankAmericard Cash Rewards™ credit card offers 3% cash back on gas and 2% cash back at grocery stores and wholesale clubs for the first $2,500 in combined grocery stores, wholesale club, and gas purchases each quarter. You can earn 1% cash back on all other purchases, and get a $100 cash rewards bonus after $500 in purchases in the first 90 days.

Look Out For

You’ll pay a 3% or $10 fee on any balance transfers whichever is greater, as well as a 3% fee on foreign transactions. If you’re late on a payment, you could be subject to a high penalty APR that may overshadow any rewards earnings.

Jan 11, 2016
A Must Have Cash Back Card
APowderBlue Cardholder

This is a real and detailed review.
Personally, I hate Bank of America as a bank, but their credit card department is completely different. Applied online with about a 720 score. I was instantly approved for $5000. I noticed people with better scores than mine got turned down, but perhaps they don't have a good enough income to debt ratio. Then I also went to a bank branch to open a Checking Acct to take advantage of the extra 10% cash transfer bonus.
If you are like me and only like Cash Back cards, this is a must have.
First, the phone app is so much better than other bank apps (I also have Wells Fargo and Citi). The app has the fingerprint sign-in which is very neat.
I originally got this card with the intent of only using it as my gas card, and I still do, but then I discovered the Special Offers section on the app. Here, I sign up for several awesome deals. My favorite is getting 5% Cash Back on my Starbucks coffee. There's 10% at Autozone. And many more awesome offers to sign up for. Soooo, now it isn't just a gas card anymore. Discover card has something similar, but only good for online store offers, not in store offers.
This card does not have all the small benefits that my other 2 cards have like extends product warrantees, price protection, and product buy back and more. So I suggest you only use this card for gas and consumables.

If you are a Cash Back junky like me the 3 best cards to have in your collection are these: Discover It, Citi Double Cash, and this one. Please avoid the American Express Blue at all cost, absolutely the worst card from a dying company.

I use this Bank of America card for gas and special offers. I use Discover it for their 5% on quarterly deals (currently it's 5% on gas, so it's my current gas card), and for large purchases I need extra protection on. I use my Citi Double Cash for 2% on everything else since the other 2 cards only offer 1% on everything else, so I get nothing less 2% cash back.

Sorry if I'm rambling, but hopefully this helps someone build confidence in this card. I don't suggest anyone use it as a "everything else" cash back card, get the Citi Double Cash. The app is nice and BofA Credit card department is very good, nothing like the treatment you get from the checking and savings account department.

Apr 24, 2015
BEWARE Cards from Bank of America!
Jennyreviewergirltx Cardholder

I recently decided to pay down my balance on my Platinum Bank of America Visa credit card that I've had since 2007. My available credit line was $3,500 and I had carried a balance on it for years that I was slowly paying off. I decided to make a $1,500 payment reducing what was owed on the card down to less than $800.

Guess what happened?

The very next day Bank of America did a "Periodic review of my credit" and decided to reduce my credit line down to $800!!! What's worse is they didn't even notify me!

When I questioned it customer service and the supervisor said that my credit wasn't good enough for the credit line I had. But I have the best credit I've had in years! They spun lines of BS and tried to tell me that the "periodic review" had nothing to do with me paying my card down and that they had no intention of fixing the issue, ever.

So what's really happening?

Bank of America is doing something known as "chasing the balance" in order to  increase their profits. Now if I don't make a large enough payment I'll be over my credit line and be subject to fees.

If I make to big of a payment they'll reduce my credit line even further!

If you want to be able to use your credit card and pay off the balance eventually, stay away from Bank of America!

-Unethical Business Practices.

-Lying Customer Service Center

-Terrible Treatment of Long Term Customers

BEWARE:  Stay clear of Bank of America Credit Cards!

Apr 21, 2017
Excellent service & cash rewards
thriftymama7 Cardholder

You can easily get phone customer service, and access your BankAmericard Cash Rewards right from the mobile phone app dashboard to easily view your account balances and pay bills, as well as to access your cash rewards -- to withdraw them and deposit into a debit or savings account, or to apply them to your next statement. Im always impressed by the customer support I receive when I call BOA, and when I go to local branch offices. Highly recommend.

Apr 15, 2017
average
Anonymous Cardholder

If you make a purchase on your closing date you will have interest even if the charge processes after the closing date

Apr 08, 2017
BankAmericard Cash Rewards Credit Card
BOARocks1 Cardholder

This cash rewards credit card program with Bank of America is one of the best I've ever had. The best thing of all, you get to rack up cash rewards and cash them as you reach a minimum of $25.00. I usually like to let it accumulate over time. You won't regret your choice if you choose this card today.

Apr 08, 2017
Great cash back rewards card.
bloodngutz Cardholder

Great if you have a B of A account, otherwise its no different than many others.

Apr 05, 2017
Nice to get cash Back!
tgethen Cardholder

The only negative as compared to other cash back cards is you can't access the money until you've earned $25.

Apr 04, 2017
Easy to apply & good inital CL for me
flyer1217 Cardholder

I just applied for, and was approved for the AMEX everyday cash card.. Literally a few days ago, so the actual card hasn't arrived, but the HP is of course, showing on my Equifax CR (I guess AMEX only pulled Equifax). Two days later a pre-approval letter from BoA (for this card) showed up.  I knew that my FICO probaly took a small hit in light of the HP from AMEX, but my CR's from all 3 have been on a steady upward movement because I have cleared up and removed some old (7+ yrs) negatives and have 2 Cap1 accounts that are just over one year old  with steady use and either close to, or FIPed each month.

I have only 3 HP's on my record (2 from Cap1 and the recent AMEX) and my overall utilization rate is around 10% with a now total (post-AMEX) combined CL of 8,500.. My FICO was 679 and TU/Equifax via CK showing 684 & 721 respectively...  I won'tm lie, when I saw the approval odds of "Poor" on CK, I was taken back. I had to double and triple check that CK and the pre-approval letter were in fact referring to the smae card.. they were..

I thought to myself, the pre-approval was based on BofA's SP (on a pre-AMEX HP basis) but overall it's still materially the same post-AMEX HP.. So, I applied... even though the CK "approval odds" showed poor.

Logged on, entered the pre-approval code, completed the application... and hit enter.. less than one minute later -- approved with an initial CL of $4,500

What I didn't see is any mention of the new account bonus ($100 for $500/3mos) mentioned.. so I'm not sure if it applies to me or not.  I'll have to check.

In the end, in the last week, I've added 2 new cards- AMEX and this.. So, I'm thrilled.. of course, it's dependent on me to manage them correctly, but the addition of these two, and the bump up in overall CL does put me in a good position to continue to improve my score.  My last negative will age off at the beginning of 2019 (it's already 5yrs old now) and at this point, I have 4 total accounts, 2 that are just over 1yr old and the other 2 that are brand new.... So, I'll stop at this point and give it some time to generate positive payment history and let the account age more.. by that time, I think the last negative will be off or so  close that it's impact on my score will be nominal at best.

Im pleased with CK as it allows me to see what others are doing to improve, see what card offers are out there and see how people feel about them.  For this card, I'm pleased. The application process was very painless (again, it was from a pre-qual mailer I received) and so far the details look good and appropriate for someone in my case/situation/score.  I've had to call BoA twice in regards to setting up an auto-pay and to ask about notifying when I go overseas -- both cases the CSR handled my issue professionally and quickly - so that's been a plus for me.

Mar 26, 2017
my card that I used everyday
jo189 Cardholder

this good bank of america credit card to have and is better it you do banking  with bankf of america with they give you 10% for depositing your rewards in you cheking and saving account and it better if you are preffered reward program which is 25% reward bonus for the gold account.good bank of america credit card

Mar 26, 2017
The best out there
GleeD Cardholder

CK had me at poor Tu-664 Q-678 EX-664 I went on bank website GOT!approved for2500 the card is unbelievable love it

Mar 23, 2017
BAIT & SWITCH ~BEWARE OF BOA
ArtRevu Cardholder

My FICO was 758 with a Cap One Quicksilver,$750,  Discover Chrome IT $1000 and Amex Everday Blue $4000, each with NO annual fee and gave rewards, maintaining zeo monthly balance on most.

This was to be my only Visa and was to round out my credit portfolio. Every time I logged in to Credit Karma  or Experian, it was recommended  to me so I decided to apply.

I was supposed to receive '0' annual fee, $100 Sign On Bonus after first $500 spent and cash back on all purchases.

Instead they sent this card with a $39 annual fee 20+% interest fee and no rewards or sign on bonus and a limit of $500.

I received but did NOT activate the card, because the deal was not what I applied for, so I contacted them and was told they would check into it and get back to me in 5-7 business days and suggested I activate the card and one customer service representative offered to waive the $39 fee. I asked what about next year? I said I didnt want to be locked into an annual fee card and that their interest rate being over 20% was higher than both my Discover and Amex cards, meaning I would have no use for the card they sent..

I told them I was NOT going to activate it ~ unless they gave me the original deal that I applied for as I didnt need the card and certainly not their bait and switch deal.

I did wait about a week to hear from them but when they didnt contact me back although I received a first bill in the mail, showing I owed them $39 annual fee.

I called again and told them I had NOT activated the card and if they were not going to give me the deal I had applied for, that I would send them back the card but was told to go ahead and destroy the card and they would cancel the account for me, even though I had never activated it in the first place.

Instead of it being a canceled deal, as it was NOT ever  an activated account, they put it on my credit report, as if it had been an active account and closed by me with a zero balance.

This is very signicant as its a misrepresentation and has now dropped my credit from 758 to 655 - over 100 pts in about a month.

I have put in a dispute and its now closed as a closed account .I believe it should not even appear on  my credit report as it was not the card I applied for nor activated.

I understand that some points are for applying, however as I did apply. If they werent going to honor their offer, they should have simply denied credit.

What I dont accept however is that they baited and switched the account and when I refused their second deal, instead of canceling it they marked it against me.

I highly recommend being leary of Bank of America for their underhanded false way of reporting.

Although they apologized, they still have not corrected their mischaracterization of my credit.

My FICO will be back up in a few months, as I pay my bills early and frequently and keep some cards paid in full monthly and utilization less than 30% most of the time overall.

Bank of America on the other hand has caused harm not good to one who would have been a good  customer.

If you arent prepared to take a large hit on your FICO and a poor deal of a card, I would recommend staying away from Bank of America.

Apr 05, 2017