BankAmericard Cash Rewards™ Credit Card

• Balance Transfer Intro APR 0% intro for 12 Billing Cycles on qualifying transfers
  • Purchase Intro APR 0% intro for 12 Billing Cycles

Our Take

The BankAmericard Cash Rewards™ credit card is a solid cash back option for people with good to excellent credit.

What to Like

The BankAmericard Cash Rewards™ credit card offers 3% cash back on gas and 2% cash back at grocery stores and wholesale clubs for the first $2,500 in combined grocery stores, wholesale club, and gas purchases each quarter. You can earn 1% cash back on all other purchases, and get a $100 cash rewards bonus after $500 in purchases in the first 90 days.

Look Out For

You’ll pay a 3% or $10 fee on any balance transfers whichever is greater, as well as a 3% fee on foreign transactions. If you’re late on a payment, you could be subject to a high penalty APR that may overshadow any rewards earnings.

Sep 02, 2016
Approved
Rc79 Cardholder

Applied for this card, and they pulled from experian. My score was 743 at the time. I didn't receive an automatic approval. I was told I would be notified through the mail. About a week later I had receievd an email saying I was approved for this card, but it did not tell me the credit limit. Once I had received the card the cl was 2000. This is my 12th credit card (don't judge me lol). They are all in good standing, and no late payments..and always pay over the minimum payment. The only reason I had applied was because the rewards are similar to American Express which I can't get. I haven't used it yet, but hope this helps anyone looking to apply. And Credit Karma said my odds for approval were good.

May 26, 2016
Smbo15 Cardholder

I had an unauthorized charge by a merchant.  I made a claim for the charge.  Bank of America sided with the merchant and asked me for a receipt. They rejected my claim.  I asked them to show me the receipt from the merchant.  They hadn't even contacted them.  I asked for a copy but the merchant refuses to send a receipt. Bank of America says it's the merchants right to ignore the request. This is the kind of customer support you should expect.  I have never known a company to work against its own customers.  Welcome to bank of America.  You have been warned.  Apply with caution.

Mar 23, 2017
BAIT & SWITCH ~BEWARE OF BOA
ArtRevu Cardholder

My FICO was 758 with a Cap One Quicksilver,$750,  Discover Chrome IT $1000 and Amex Everday Blue $4000, each with NO annual fee and gave rewards, maintaining zeo monthly balance on most.

This was to be my only Visa and was to round out my credit portfolio. Every time I logged in to Credit Karma  or Experian, it was recommended  to me so I decided to apply.

I was supposed to receive '0' annual fee, $100 Sign On Bonus after first $500 spent and cash back on all purchases.

Instead they sent this card with a $39 annual fee 20+% interest fee and no rewards or sign on bonus and a limit of $500.

I received but did NOT activate the card, because the deal was not what I applied for, so I contacted them and was told they would check into it and get back to me in 5-7 business days and suggested I activate the card and one customer service representative offered to waive the $39 fee. I asked what about next year? I said I didnt want to be locked into an annual fee card and that their interest rate being over 20% was higher than both my Discover and Amex cards, meaning I would have no use for the card they sent..

I told them I was NOT going to activate it ~ unless they gave me the original deal that I applied for as I didnt need the card and certainly not their bait and switch deal.

I did wait about a week to hear from them but when they didnt contact me back although I received a first bill in the mail, showing I owed them $39 annual fee.

I called again and told them I had NOT activated the card and if they were not going to give me the deal I had applied for, that I would send them back the card but was told to go ahead and destroy the card and they would cancel the account for me, even though I had never activated it in the first place.

Instead of it being a canceled deal, as it was NOT ever  an activated account, they put it on my credit report, as if it had been an active account and closed by me with a zero balance.

This is very signicant as its a misrepresentation and has now dropped my credit from 758 to 655 - over 100 pts in about a month.

I have put in a dispute and its now closed as a closed account .I believe it should not even appear on  my credit report as it was not the card I applied for nor activated.

I understand that some points are for applying, however as I did apply. If they werent going to honor their offer, they should have simply denied credit.

What I dont accept however is that they baited and switched the account and when I refused their second deal, instead of canceling it they marked it against me.

I highly recommend being leary of Bank of America for their underhanded false way of reporting.

Although they apologized, they still have not corrected their mischaracterization of my credit.

My FICO will be back up in a few months, as I pay my bills early and frequently and keep some cards paid in full monthly and utilization less than 30% most of the time overall.

Bank of America on the other hand has caused harm not good to one who would have been a good  customer.

If you arent prepared to take a large hit on your FICO and a poor deal of a card, I would recommend staying away from Bank of America.

Mar 21, 2017
Great first credit card with rewards
jr247 Cardholder

This was my very first credit card which I got my senior year of High School back in 2014. It started out as secured with a $300 limit. As I built my credit, they gave me my deposit back and increased the limit to $3,000 after about six months. I don't really use this card much anymore, as I prefer reaping the benefits of the Chase Sapphire Preferred, but all in all, it's a great first card. The cash back is a very good deal compared to other cards on the market, and if you are a Bank of America checking/savings account holder (as I am), you can recieve a special bonus if you redeem the cash back into one of your accounts with them. Bank of America has great customer service, and this has been a great first credit card. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a card with a great cash back feature!

Mar 18, 2017
Avoid at all costs
BradK75 Cardholder

They offer an enticing 0%apr on balance transfers with a range of dates applicable after that into period... Mine shot up to over 20%apr, 1%lower than the max they list, so they can say "you don't have the highest rate".... They are unwilling to give me a better rate, and I've been a customer of BOA for a decade, never missed a payment and credit has been 700+ when working with them. Even facing losing the mortgage, checking, savings, and credit card accounts I have with them, they are unwilling to work with me. Terrible service!

Mar 10, 2017
One of the best day-to-day cards to own
ciege77 Cardholder

With 3% gas, 2% grocery AND wholesale clubs, and 1% everything else, this is one of the best CASH rewards you can keep in your wallet, especially if your BofA total relationship includes Merrill brokerage accounts. Since I qualify for Platinum tier, I get a 50% rewards boost, effectively turning my rewards into 4.5%, 3%, and 1.5%! No hassling with rolling categories or points or conversion rates or anything like that. You're redeeming cold hard cash, and even get a little boost redeeming into a qualifying BofA account. If you're not using a(ny) rewards card for daily purchases (DON'T roll over statement balances month to month if you want to reap the full benefits), you're throwing away FREE MONEY. Period.

Mar 09, 2017
I love it.
Anonymous Cardholder

I use it everyday for purchase. BOA cash back 3-2-1 ℅ + 10 ℅ bonus to my checking account. I love my card.

Mar 02, 2017
BOA is best bank
Anonymous Cardholder

Good service best intrest best deals low APR

Mar 02, 2017
Great zero fee card!
Anonymous Cardholder

I love i get a 10 % bonus to my cash back because of my checking account.

Feb 14, 2017
My everyday card
Anonymous Cardholder

I use this card everyday for purchases and pay it off pretty fast.  I always use it for gas to get 3% cash back, then transfer the cash back to my checking account to get the 10% bonus, then use it to make a payment on the card.  Very happy.

Feb 12, 2017
Great, easy to use, 3-2-1 for BoA custom
Anonymous Cardholder

This was my first credit card after being a BoA checking customer for a long time. It is convenient to use on their website, easy to redeem cash back when the cash back balance is above $25 (any amount over $25 redeemable unlike American Express which requires $25 increments) and if you have $20k+ assets with BoA/Merrill, they will multiply your cash back with their Preferred Rewards program. This is a great cards for everyday spending, especially for BoA/Merrill customers

Feb 08, 2017
Great Credit Builder
Anonymous Cardholder

I love this card!! I couldn't get a credit card because I had no credit score. So my mom cosigned it with me. I had no interest for 12 months and a 1000 credit limit. I recieved cash back on everything and an extra 10% when deposited into my BOFA saving account. I really love this card. I missused it at first, but with BOFA help I was able to pay off my balance with no interest. My credit score great for a 22 college student. I would totally recommend. If you have a BOFA account, paying your credit card makes it so much easier. Some BOFA ATM let you pay the credit card on their ATM.

I tend to travel a lot. On the APP it lets you add where you are traveling to. You can cancel your card or pause it as well.

BankAmericard Cash Rewards™ Credit Card