Capital One® Savor® Cash Rewards Credit Card Reviews

• Annual Fee $0 intro, $95 after first year
  • Purchase Intro APR Not Applicable

Oct 08, 2018
Reflectwitdidi Cardholder

Credit karma gave me a poor approval but I got a preapproved notification from capital one cos I got capital one platinum card already; I applied for this savor card and got it instantly with a 2k credit limit

Abysmal customer service
CreditCardsGuru Cardholder

The card has attractive bonus categories and an easy to use mobile app.  To call the customer service inconsistent at best, is as much of a compliment as I can muster.  I highly recommend pursuing other dining cards from issuers with attentive, consistent, and knowledgeable customer service agents.  I have two of these cards (because of the attractive sign up bonus).  I would recommend seeking alternatives in case you should ever run into an issue where you need to count on the issuer.  Other cards that have replaced these in my wallet are the Uber Visa and Amex Gold cards.  Head and shoulders improvements in customer service experiences.

Apr 13, 2019
IntroOffers aren't on online account?
kkrook96 Cardholder

Applied easily and was preapproved (good credit and 100% payment history), but went to the online account and it doesn't show that I have any of the introductory offers.... has this happened to anyone else?! I don't want this card if I have to pay that $95 fee first year.... Maybe I just have to wait to activte my card?

Apr 14, 2019

your card is not even activated and you give this negitive review?

Approved but not instantly
creditbldginco Cardholder

I already have 3 Capital One cards; Platinum (hate), Quicksilver (first card years ago to rebuild credit.. meh) and Venture (love!).  My son is graduating high school in May of 2019 and we are going on a family trip to Walt Disney World.. NOT a cheap adventure.  When I saw that the Savor card offered a $500 bonus after spending $3k in 90 days AND 4% cash back on dining & entertainment, I knew that was the card I wanted.  After doing a LOT of research, I figured I had a 50/50 shot at approval.  I didn't have an offer or invitation.  All my other Cap1 cards have a zero balance and I used them all at different times throughout the time I had them.  Long story short, recent usage (approx $1k a month across all three current Cap1 cards), no balance and long time cardholder.

I applied online and was not instantly approved.  I got the "we will need more information and you'll receive something from us in the mail in 7-10 business days."  I decided to call the application status line approx. 3 days later. The recording said my application was in process and to expect something in the mail...blah..blah.  I held on for a representative who said the same thing.. "in process" but then sent me to their fraud check line.  This person asked me several questions to verify my identity and said thank you, and.. you guessed it... I will receive something in the mail in 5-10 business days.

Well, I'm literally waiting to pay for this trip based on getting approved or not on this card.. so I called again.  5 days (not business days) after my last call.  Recording STILL said it was being reviewed.  I held for a representative to find out that I was APPROVED the same day I called to give them additional information.  Since I recently paid off all my balances on all my cards, my credit score went from the 630's to high 600's during the time my credit was checked for this card.

Take aways.. this is the SECOND card.. ironically BOTH from Capital One where I wasn't approved instantly online, but later approved for pretty decent credit lines ($10k & $8k).  Don't get discouraged if you see that message when applying online.  You DO NOT need a score in the 700's to even consider this card.. AND... CK recommendations are not always correct.  Good luck!  I love Capital One so I'm thrilled!

Abysmal customer service