Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express Reviews

• Balance Transfer Intro APR 0% for 15 Months
  • Purchase Intro APR 0% for 15 Months

Mar 25, 2019
Will screw up your credit score
Edtomas222 Cardholder

They decreased my credit limit after a year of owning one never had a single late payment always paid few hundreds over the minimum due

also they don’t negotiate  lower down your interest rate like other companies

Mar 27, 2019

Good chance something on your credit report (such as a drastic increase in utilization %, late payment on another account, etc.) caused a credit limit decrease. Trashing AMEX without revealing all the facts is just irresponsible.

Mar 04, 2019
Customer service was rude and wanted tax

They want your federal tax returns. They did not require them before issuing the card and then after a month told me they needed them. I of course said no to that. Had I have known that they would have asked me for federal tax returns I would not have applied. Putting 4 years of federal tax returns out on the internet or even stored on their systems so they can be hacked later is just not a good idea. The value of the card is not worth the risk. No other card company has asked for my federal returns.  752 Fico score and don't need the hassle or risk. When I talked to them they said they had to have them or they might cancel me. I said to cancel my card I was not longer interested in it. Even though the card was paid in full they canceled the card and put it on my credit report that they had cancelled it when I had cancelled it.

Mar 05, 2019

Maybe you’re asking too much credit increase that’s why they need to do financial review.

Mar 06, 2019

It was smart of you not to put your tax information out on the web. If the Federal Government can be hacked (OPM) and a major financial institution (Wells Fargo) a credit card company certainly can be hacked to. I have never been asked for tax info, this card comes with major risk.

Mar 07, 2019

Tax returns may be required for a business card if you are a sole proprietorship. Maybe you applied for a business card.

Sep 26, 2018
Useless card-
Adan85296 Cardholder

789 credit score, I have cards ranging from $10,000 CL to $50,000, and my business (I’m the owner) use the Plum card daily with NO LIMIT. I decided to apply and was approved- For $1,000! Lol. Useless card.

Jul 30, 2018
BEWARE!
storedeals1 Cardholder

I got it and used the 0% APR introductury rate for 12 months, didn't buy anything during that time, after the first purchase they lowered the limit, are you serious...LOL, I just went and transfered the balance to another card and goodbye, adios, sayanora, ciao, arriverderci.....get Capital One, Discover or others

Aug 02, 2018

I think you just didnt handle your card right ! i have this card too, and never ever 1 Problem

Aug 21, 2018

You didn't you your card for a whole year after makeing your first purchase, well of course they are going to take away credit from a card that is not active enough in there standards

Jul 08, 2018
The limit was so low it wasn’t worth hav
2Rozy2 Cardholder

For balance transfer it worthless

Jun 26, 2018
Not worth the stress!
RasChick Cardholder

AE cut my available credit in half causing utilization to shoot up to 90%, when I called they said it was only temprorary. 6 months later, never one late payment (entire account history) and only making one small purchase on the card. They reduce it again by $900. Basically they are chasing the balance.

Credit Score
Credit Limit
60+ Days Past Due Status
Age of Cardholder

Sample Size: 5,500
Data Created: February 02, 2015

Note: Sample data consists of Credit Karma members who hold this card.

Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express