3.9
from Credit Karma members in the last year

Feb 09 2019
Best card for families

I rebuilt my credit over the course of 3 years waited till I was at least a 690-700 before applying for my first real credit card I did research for a couple months meaning I don't make any kind of credit decisions lightly and wanted a card to fit my lifestyle after all my research I decided that American Express would be the best company for me with their variety of different cards and perks charge/credit cards and the fact that their point system isn't over inflated with an absurd number of points that makes you feel like you have more value than you do they have a very well rounded point system so I decided to apply for an Amex Gold card through credit Karma because I had very good approval odds and I So I applied through the app and was approved in 5 minutes and had my card a week later after a few months with the card I have to say I absolutely love it I am a family man and feel like this is the perfect family card I spend ballpark 600-700 in groceries a month that's 4x points per dollar and we like to eat out also that's 4x points per dollar at restaurants so this card has substantial value for families and if you pay attention to the negative reviews about this card it is because it's a charge card and people complain about not being able to Cary a balance and don't like paying it off every month 1. I got this card because it's a charge card meaning I only make purchases that I would have to make anyways month to month groceries and eating out meaning I'm not over extending myself buying wish list items I use it and just pay the balance the next day I don't wait for statements to come out I use it then put it back to $0 because it's money I would spend anyway at least I'm getting rewards and points 2. The customer service has been great in app no complaints and I will be getting future credit cards with them so before you apply or use this card do yourself a favor and have a full understanding of what the difference between a charge and card is charge cards can be a great tool to keep you from over spending month to month and not stress about carried balances growing in size and they definitely come with more rewards and perks

Dec 16 2017
Chase is the new Amex

Had this card for couple years. Amex isn't trying hard enough and the results are showing on their earrings each year. Customer service is no longer as good; now that most of its call centers are located in the east. The benefits on the card are just ok and the conversation ratio to different programs do not justify the annual $195 fee.

Oct 13 2019

I have both the Gold and the Platinum cards and I go no where without them. No problems whatsoever and I've been a member of Amex for 30 years plus. Great Cards.

Oct 02 2019

It's a charge card not a credit card. You use it for things you can afford to pay for immediately . Credit cards let you get too far ahead of yourself. Spend only what you can afford and you'll love this card. I've used it almost exclusively this past year. I used to use a debit card and didn't get any points from that , plus you lose the protection of a great bank like American Express. Use it like a debit , earn points which I just use to pay down my next bill. Don't leave home without.

Oct 02 2019
EX 670 and I was instantly approved!

In Oklahoma they pull experian. I applied for the Chase Saphyre Preferred and got denied so I went to the AMEX site even though CK had me at poor approval odds. I put my info on AMEX site and boom!!! I was approved for the 50,000 points offer after spending $2000 in the first 3 months. I was going to get a new laptop and new iPhones anyway so that was a very easy limit to get. Already making the purchases so why not use the gold card. $250 fee is not cheap but you do get amazing perks. If you are thinking about getting the green AMEX just skip it and apply for this one. Amex customer service is top notch! Love to be part of the AMEX FAMILY!

Sep 06 2019
I've been working on this.

This was the card I have been wanting all along. I finally got it and on my birthday no less. I do have the Amex Every day card too. Scores are eq 685, TU 671 and 701 on the other one. 680 + is what triggers the approval.

Aug 28 2019
Best Food Card

Best card if you spend a lot of money on food, whether that be dining or restaurants. Can rack up a ton of points and then transfer them to travel for free.

Aug 12 2019
Amazing.

Great card all around. No complaints.

Aug 12 2019
I love it!

I love the customer service!

Aug 10 2019

While there is a 250 fee, you can recieve a 120 dining credit for 4 resturants as well as anything on grubhub (10 dollars a month per year) as well as up to a 100 dollar travel reimbersment. Good customer chat service and an easy app to pay bills immediately.

Aug 02 2019
best card for restaurants & bonuses

when i was 16 i was added to my mothers blue cash preferred card, so i started building credit long before i was able to apply for a card on my own. i turned 18 and got a secured card and paid in full every month and not long after, my score was close to 700. i decided i wanted to continue my relationship with american express so i applied for the gold card after learning i was prequalified.. i was initially afraid of the 250$ annual fee but with the card member deals, and the 100$ incidental airline refund and the 120$ for restaurants, i've made back 180$ so far and i've only had the card for 4 months. i utilize the pay over time feature for charges over $100, and i would only recommend it if you are a responsible spender (also they started me off with a very small pay over time limit, and after a few months it was increased to what i was told the highest that this card can have, so i'm very grateful and lucky).

Jul 23 2019
Best perks for a card

Annual fee is high but the perks outweigh the fee. My parents convinced me to apply and I was instantly approved. This is a charge card but can be treated like a credit card. The APR is fairly high for pay over time, but not the worst I've seen on a card. Don't get the card if you cant make the sign up bonus though. Mine was 40k points after spending $2000 in the first three months. I always get compliments on the card when I hand it to someone. I originally received it in gold but amex had the promotion again for rose gold. Gave them a call and they sent me another one!