Banking Reviews Advertiser Disclosure

Nationwide® Bank

Jan 14, 2017
False advertising!

Stay AWAY at all costs. Unfortunately I got stuck using this bank because they advertised a low rate for those with excellent credit ran my credit and increased the rate with no explanation. I called multiple times and not a single rep could answer my question why I was given a higher interest rate than the one advertised. I asked to speak to a supervisor or to anyone that could tell me why but on three occasions I was just placed back into the general call que. I have a perfect credit score and they refused to change the rate to the lower rate. NATIONWIDE IS NOT ON YOUR SIDE!!!

Apr 25, 2016
Extremely poor service.

As  CPA, I'm very experienced in dealing with financial services companies.  Today I was asked by four differenct clueless employees to different phone numbers to answer a simple question.  Never got an answer.  Called Customer Care, and got a receptionist.  Never able to reach customer care.  Nobody knew anything, barely knew high school English.  Have dealt with insurance and mortgage businesses - both are shoddy and third rate at best.

How would you rate this bank overall?

What should others know about this bank?