Banking Reviews Advertiser Disclosure

Sep 25, 2016
Worst bank service in the world

You need 5 days to log in to your accounts and an idiot translator to understand their customer service reps.

Dec 14, 2015
A bank is stretching it a bit

I've banked with HSBC for over 10 years now and when there are no issues it's fine. As soon as something needs clarification or assistance, this is where it all oes wrong. And I mean WRONG.

Latest incident is to do with online banking and getting this resolved. It still isn't at this time. Their hours are not very convenient if you are on the west coast. This will mean 72 hours without online banking so good luck if you have bills to be paid that you do online as most people do in the modern age.

Biggest gripe is that I wanted help with wiring funds on the internet. I forgot the password to the second layer of security. I don't mind the layers of security. Thus I needed to reset password and security questions (not sure how they have it set up). I proceed to do this and the next thing I know is that I can't even access online banking....and the customer service rep. is like too bad. Can't do anything till a speciailist calls you back in 24-48 hours!!! That's an eternity in today's world. Fair enough.

No call received and after I follow up, sorry can't help you. That team is closed and done for the day. Fair to say I wasn't that impressed with HSBC. They truly have gone downhill lately. Plus wait times have slowly been creeping up. Very poor experience overall.

How would you rate this bank overall?

What should others know about this bank?