Banking Reviews Advertiser Disclosure

Bank of the West

Apr 22, 2016

I have been with this Bank since it bought out Commercial Federal Bank. It went from a family take care of customer to Big City West Coast (make money, Don't care bank).

(5) $12.00 fees assessed to my account and was not even notified.

I have overdraft protection and that account has unlimited withdrawl.

Because they initiate it, it costs 12.00

tried to talk with management and after being with them for 20 years

I'm just another investor

Well i'll be investing elsewhere!

Feb 04, 2016
Very slow processing, and not innovative

I wouldn't recommend this bank due to the old school ways, customer service, and because their online banking is very outdated and needs a whole lot of improvement.

Bank of the West has very slow processing ways. Their system is not up to date with technology. Another thing that is very weird and uncomforting about this bank is that they are not all the same. The branches are pretty much their own departments. If you go to the Sherman Oaks Branch, but opened your account somewhere else they will not look though your account for you relationship they call your "home" branch for approvals or whatever you need. Their customer service is less than satisfactory. I've had only about one good experience with Bank Of The West , the other times I've gone into a branch everyone seems bored, and when you talk to them they are unhelpful or the least bit attentive.

How would you rate this bank overall?

What should others know about this bank?