AIS Insurance Reviews

From Policyholders in the last year

Compare Auto Insurance Offers

View your top Auto Insurance recommendations and compare rates on Credit Karma.

FIND RECOMMENDATIONS

These reviews were written by current and former policyholders in the last year.

Dec 09, 2016
canceling is impossible
Anonymous Policyholder

I sent a message using their website and they claim they never received it. Each time I call there are long wait times. My shortest wait time is 3 minutes because I chose new quotes (sales department) in the prompts instead of service for current customers. My shortest hold time to their customer service department was 15 minutes.

I also sent an email to cancel and they eventually back dated to the date they received my email, but still would not cancel the policy until the customer retention department spoke to me in person. This was super annoying because i had so long wait times that i could not complete a call on my work break so i had to hang up. Then they would call me when I couldnt speak or i missed the call. I even went on their chat on the website and that was not enough. Eventually I was able to call and talk to someone, but my call was not enough. They could not cancel because they spoke to me. They sent me an email with a cancelation document and i had to open it and digitally sign it. I did it while on the phone, then finally i was canceled!

I still have not received my refund. They said it could take up to 3 weeks, but wheni called Mercury they said one week so hopefully they are right. Thangfully the new broker also put me at Mercury so i do not have a cancellation fee. Otherwise it was going to be 10% of my 6 month premium! ridiculous! signing up is easy, but cancellin is super hard and takes days unless you have nothing to do but be onthe phone all day.

Aug 29, 2016
Bait and switch
Anonymous Policyholder

Signed up on line for auto insurance with Mercury insurance, I was not warned but it was the Auto Insurance Specialist’s web site. I requested $100K $300K on the on line form, ended up with $5K and $10K coverage.

It appears the web site give the defaulted price ( lowest coverage), which  gives the lowest monthly price for insurance, to get customers to buy regardless of the limits they are asking.

Then customer’s limits are defaulted to the lowest coverage, just so they can sell an insurance policy, and get buyers hooked.  Customers are than obligated to stay with AIS for 6 months even though they do not have adequate coverage.  Cancel and pay a cancellation fee.

When one calls Auto Insurance Specialists’ 800 number, it takes about up to 45 minutes on holds before an agent comes on line, then they blame it on the customer.

How would you rate this policy overall?

What should others know about this policy?