Question

way2hot4ya

will taking me off a credit card as an "authorized user" will it negatively affect me?
This is my longest revolving credit I have had and I want to get my name off of it since my mom maxed it out and is late on payments every once in a while. Is it better to keep it on and take the late hits? or should I take it off and lose all of that credit history? I have student loans and car loans however keeping my credit afloat.....

Most Helpful Response

The hit from losing the history is insignificant compared to the hit you currently take from the high utilization and your would take if your mom ever defaulted on payments. I think it's in your best interest to have your name removed and either go without a card or get one in your own name. Wait to apply for a new one once you're off the old card.