why does the simulator seem to do the opposite score-wise of what common knowlegde dictates?
If I pay off $1000 in credit card debt, the simulator says my score drops 16 points. If i get a $1000 credit like increase it drops 18 points. if I have an all on time payment history for the next 24 months my credit score does not change at all... What gives with this simulator. Common knowledge is that if I pay $1000 off on my credit cards and my utilization is under 30% on all my cards that is a credit booster. As is getting a credit line increase. As is ontime payment history. When I got my car loan it said my score would go up and it did. Why does it not seem to work for anything else?