Question

kpicou

Who will finance home equity with high debt to income ration?
I have good credit (710) but high debt to income ratio. Wells Fargo holds my mortgage but denied a home equity due to debt/income ratio. Are there other lenders who might help pay consumer debt with home equity?

Most Helpful Response

Work on paying off the consumer debt WITHOUT using home equity.  When you use home equity, you are, in effect, putting your house up as collateral to pay off something as trivial as credit cards, and, if you default on said home equity, you could lose your house.  Is the stuff you bought with the credit cards more valuable than your home?

Consider selling some unneeded things or getting a part-time job to bring in extra money to get rid of this debt on your own instead of piling one debt on top of another.  Please read the articles and utilize the tools on this site so you can build and maintain a good credit score.

Try US Bank-    https://www.usbank.com/home-equity/home-equity-faqs.html

rosecity61

I just paid off my mortgage held by US Bank but they wouldn't do an equity/home improvement loan because of my debt to income ratio (student loans).  Other folks may have better luck with them but they wouldn't look twice at me.