Question

MomChangingLifeAround

Who can clean up my credit after bankruptcy?
I filed bankruptcy to better my life and families life. I now need to know who can help me clean up my report. I still have accounts showing on my report that have been discharged and should have been wiped away but aren't gone yet. What is a good company for clean up to go through? Thank you in advance.

Most Helpful Response

You can do this for yourself..... I did

Step 1:  Send Notices of disputes to all 3 Credit  Bureaus for the accounts that were discharged.   They will need to investifgate them, chances are since the creditors are aware that you filed BK and they will never be paid.,  they will not bother to respond to the Credit Bureaus.  They have 30 days to validate the accounts.  If they do not respond the credit bureaus will remove them from your credit file and your score will begin to increase.  You can also request to have old accounts removed in your same letter.

Step 2:  You also need to open some new credit cards -  Don't use more than 1/3 of the credit line and pay more than the min amount monthly.  If you follow these steps your rating will go up very quickly.

That's it you'll be on your way to rebuilding your credit.

Good Luck!

biscuit7333

WHAT IS THE ADDRESS TO THE 3 CREDIT BUREAUS...MY BANK RUPTCY IS 8 YRS OLD HELP

spadiva17

Great advise, I too did my own! I want to share that at Chase Bank, I love my bank! Veterans may open free accounts, savings & checkings! They have a 'free prepaid card' aka Chase Liquid, you add to it for available funds, best to use -vs- debit cards. $25 minimum deposit to start, and major branches, give you the new chip card same day!! Best way to build credit speedily is to; Always use card as credit card for all purchases!! Thank God for Credit karma too!!!

Wipe off Banruptcies

Don't pay someone or a company to clean your credit when you can do it yourself.  You can request copies from the credit bureaus of your credit report and submit disputes to have accounts removed from your report.  I have done it myself.  It works! Just takes a little time. 

rcjim1972

yes one can do this themself but if you want it done right and by the law than i would go with lex law

How to get dischared debts off report

Send a letter to the credit bureaus that these debts have been discharged and they will take them off and keep the Bankruptcy on for 7 to 10 years according to which backruptcy you filed. Make sure you keep your bankruptcy paperwork of list of creditors that was discharged for proof when someone asks.

Those accounts are to be removed and or closed. Once you file bankruptcy and automatic stay is enforced.  In which you are not responsible for that debt.  After discharge those accounts are to be removed or closed. 

bankruptcy

i filed chapter 13 and only some accounts have been removed. Should i send a letter to every creditors address that shows on the report or should i only contact the credit report agencies?

Clean credit report..

U can clean ur own credit report..U don't have to pay anyone to do the same thing that u can do...Also try get-ten a few of un secured credit accounts...That will help tremendoulsy .

You can file disputes online with all agencies (Transunion, Equifax, and Experian)  no need to mail them paperwork just order your free report and follow the dispute instructions.also my attorney told me they stay on you will just see in remarks inculded in bankruptcy and the debt amount will be zero. 

My college loan was included in my chapter 13 and the amount now shows a 0 balance but the account is still open on my credit report. How do I get that account closed and removed off my credit report?

Accounts that were included in bankruptcy are not wiped off your credit report.   They are part of your credit history and will remain for 7-7.5 years after and that is a fact that cannot be changed. 

zuri0817

This is technically what's suppose to happen however, its not true. I know of a credit repair agency that can help people remove items off their credit report. You can do it yourself, it just takes a lot of time to do it.

bank ruptcy off credit report

I FILED BANKRUPTCY BACK IN 6-13-07..ITS HAS BEEN ALONG TIME . i AM TRYING TO CLEAN UP MY CREDIT REPORT, WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO , AND I NEED THE ADDRESS OF THE CREDIT PLACES TO SEND LETTERS...HELP ...HOW DO I DO THIS

DancesWithWords

I've never filed for bankruptcy, but about 25 years ago, my financial life was in the toilet due to a nasty divorce :-/  I think my credit score was somewhere around 450 ... if even that.

I stumbled across a little book by Pearl Polto called "Easy Guide to Good Credit." It was a lifesaver -- it broke down all of the complicated steps to repairing your credit into small, easy-to-do bits ... and within a month, things were looking up. It wasn't easy, and it took forever (or felt like it!) to really get back on my feet again, but this book helped a lot. It gave me sample letters to write to creditors to negotiate settlements, ask for payment plans, etc. -- VERY helpful! And it explained the laws that protect consumers, and how you can avoid being taken advantage of by collection agencies and other entities. For instance, I never knew that if you do nothing about a debt, after 7 years, it falls off your credit report ... but every time you respond to the collection agency, the clock resets and the date for the account to fall off the reports is moved even farther into the future :-(