Question

Yankee46

What Steps do I take to clear my credit history, when the Company refuses my payment
A company I had a CC card with, transfer the balance to a 3rd party and eventually the 3rd party wrote off the balance to bad debt. I contacted the 3rd party to discuss payment and they refused discussion, saying it was written off. I want to repair my credit with this company, but payment is refused. What Steps do I take, to advise the 3 credit bureaus I have tried settlement with this company and they refuse my money. Please advise

Write letters to all three credit bureaus and request them to "verify" the account information.  See what kind of responses you get from this and act accordingly.  Also, you state they "refuse my money", did you call them to make payment?  If that was the case, and if you have any info about this account with them, simply mail in a payment or auto pay through your bank - they may accept it.  The foks on the phone are trained to get all the $$ they can from you.  Sometimes if you simply mail in a payment (or have your bank do it if you pay your bills online), they simply process it without question.  Best of luck!

Almost the same situation here

Today I called an old credit card company, and they also refused payment in full, saying it was a charge-off and they were no longer collecting the funds.  I really don't understand why they wouldn't take my money since I do owe them.  If I just send the payment, and it's cashed, can I then dispute it as a paid collection?  And, does anyone know approximately how much in points paying off a charged off account will improve my credit score?  Thanks.