Question

mongo999

What is my obligation to a 3rd party when I have no contract with them?
As we all know, debt 'paper' is bought, sold and traded by the companies *you* did business with, to many different kinds of companies, from collection agencies to factoring companies and other 3rd party creditors.

I understand that a contract exists between me and the 1st party, but what obligation do I have at all to these ever-changing array of 3rd parties? I have never heard of them, have no written contract with them and never received any benefit from them, yet they double-report the original debt, change the drop-off dates and even show long-closed accounts as being currently active and in arrears.

I am in MA. What can I do to protect myself?

Page 2 of 3   Previous | Next

Removing a derogatory mark

I was told because an original company "sold" your debt to a collection company, you are not responsible and it can be removed from your credit report. How true is this? There is no option for this when you try to dispute it on here.

If a thrid party bought your debt and you dispute it, do they have to show proof of the original contract that has your signature? 

Garnish wages

Can a third party garnish my wages with the original court order, I haven't even been notified yet that it was sold. I found out when trying to make an agreed payment amount

Do I still Pay

If my debt has been sold to another so I still became liable to pay the company I no contract with 

Don’t they have to show your signature? People can’t just add other people without their signature to a contract. That can’t be a legally binding contract. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Charggedoff

Igotalounthrewchysler&theychargeditoff what can I do

Being sued

What can you do if a 3rd party that bought debt sues you?

If a debt thats currently garnishing my account was reviewed as invalid and was deleted from my credit report do i still owe the debt and can they still garnish me?

Collection agency wrote back....

Hello I sent my validation letter and got a response from them that they need 90 more days to try and contact the original creditor for more information!? Are they in violation!? Do I wait those 90 days after telling them they have 30 days to send me proof!? What should I do at this poiNt! Need help please!!

Page 2 of 3   Previous | Next