Question

quan215

What is Elan Financial and why is it on my credit report?
It says I have something on my credit report about elan financial service but the date that it has on it I just turned 18. I have no recollection of using their services what should I do?

Most Helpful Response

You should get a copy of your free credit report from annualcreditreport.com and check it over carefully. Contact them and request the name of the original creditor, if it is not them, and the original amount.

If you still do not know of the debt then you should file a dispute with the credit bureau. Then see if it is on your report from the other credit bureaus. There are three main ones so you willl have to file a dispute with each of them that shows the debt.