Question

1Questionabc

What is amount debt collection agency reports? Original amount owed for services or collection fee?
How much does a debt collection agency report (if reported) to credit agencies? I have a very annoying situation happen to me that hasn't got resolved and I have not paid the collection agency. I used a state toll road without my ez pass accidentally and the road only accepts ezpasses as form of pay. Now I never received the bill or original amount I owe from the state, but only received the amount owed from the collection agency. On the letter from the collection agency, it said the original amount owed was about 2 dollars, but the amount I owe the agency was about 62. The first one, I paid. This seems completely unfair. Even better, I called the state transportation/ez pass number and told them this and asked them to update by address incase it happened in the future, but of course that never happened. I got about 3 more bills from the collection agency, which I have not paid. If they were to report this, would they report that I owe roughly the 6 dollars that is owed to the state, or 180 that is owed to the collection agency?