Question

MrBriteside

What happens with student loans in forbearance after late payments?
I've seen some pretty harsh responses regarding student loans but I'm simply trying to solve a problem, so please only respond if you have some knowledge or experience. I recently became gainfully employed after finishing school a year before and I'm just now looking to restore my credit, like many people here. I have paid off all sorts of medical debts I incurred because of involuntary hospital stays (I have a seizure disorder), so I'm mostly on the right track but, long story short my student loans became 90 days late and I have since applied for a income-driven repayment plan which is still be processed (though from what I gather will be approved). I have been put into temporary forbearance in the meantime. I make so little money that my payments will be $0 per month once my application is approved. I'm wondering what's going to happen to the loans on my credit report if I'm not being asked to pay anything for the time being. The 90 days late has certainly impacted my score and I'm wondering how/if that can be rectified. As far as I can see, because of the forbearance and the $0 repayment I have no balance to pay down and "catch up" if you will. Should I dispute the issue with the agencies? Thank you all for your help.