What factors contribute to denial of student loan applications?
I graduated with my Bachelors degree in 2014 and would like to actually go back and get an Associates Degree in Nursing or Respiratory Therapy. The cheapest program I have found so far would cost me $18000 for the entire program.

I am at about 17000 left that I can use towards education in federal loans (my limit is 57,500 and I have about 37-39k in loans already. However, the medical field in my area is still booming and jobs are plentiful, especially good paying ones.

I have been denied loans before...but this was before my credit score was even above is now 690 and I gain a point or two a month it seems.

The biggest issue I see so far is my credit card utilization. Most are at 50-60%. Is this a big reason why I would be denied a student loan? What other things factor into the decision? I have no credit worth cosigners willing to cosign a loan.