Question

Posted in Auto Insurance

Teavey

What does my credit score have to do with my insurance rates?
So the other day I get a letter from my car insurance company telling me that they are raising my 6-month premium by $80 simply because they pulled my credit, saw that I had some issues many years ago and then they determined that I was higher risk because people with bad credit tend to file claims more often.

What bothers me is tat I had been with my car insurance carrier for 4 years without a single hiccup. I've been driving on a clean record for almost 30 years. It would seem to me that if I don't have a loss or file a claim, that should be more than enough proof that I am less of a risk. Can anyone recommend an insurance company that does not use your credit score as a determination for coverage?