what do I do if I think someone is using my identity
I recieved a phone call stating that charges were being brought up against me for fraud and 2 other charges relating to fraud, then online I get an email stating that my credit score has changed. The only thing Ive done recently is pay off an outstanding debt. The score should of raised but it lowered.

vestabennett

Most Helpful Response

Go to annualcreditreport.com first. Make sure your assumptions are accurate. If there are unrecognized accounts, call the bureaus and request a fraud alert on your file. Then you may want to file a police report. Lastly you are gonna have to spend some time contacting the lenders and disputing and explaining the situation. Good luck.

Response by
hardeight

Submit to the Community