Question

Arte003

want to lease a car, is 640 score enough?
I want to lease a car from ford. I have a 640 score. I have a high debt ratio but I have been making above minimum payments and have low risk. But is that enough to lease a $15k car? My car is dead so I need one and leasing is for me.

Most Helpful Response

I work in auto finance underwriting and funding. You'd be considered a sub-prime customer so you'd get a poor interest rate, but as long as you were to make your payments on time, etc. then getting the car would benefit your credit score. A 640 credit score should definitely be qualified enough to lease a $15k car. When you need to worry about getting a car is when someone's credit score reaches 599 or less - that's when they are what's called "super sub-prime". When you get your credit score 700 or above, you'll be prime and there won't be much attention paid to your debt ratio because you'll have the qualified credit. 

I managed to get a car loan for about $19,000 with a rating of 618. Down payment was $1,600 with interest rate of 9% but if I had a down payment of only $1,500 my interest rate would of been about 20%. I did have to try a few car lots and banks. So short answer is yes you can get a car loan. But you might have to be perpared to shop around a little, have a down payment around $1,500 or more, and expect a higher interest rate.

lease

I have a 658 credit score and wanted to lease a 40,000 dollar car.. is that possible? .advice please

Trying to LEASE

I have a credit score of 570 I have a 2008 Chevy Malibu with a balance of 8,900 very high interest rate I've had it for almost 2 years !!! I also have a jeep with a 3,000 balance owed but I don't have the car it was totaled out and insurance company left that 3,000 balance on that jeep , I want to lease a 2017 40,000 car is it possible to roll that 3,000 over from the jeep into a new car if I don't have the car anymore and with my low credit score ?????? Please help I really need a car but if I'm gonna pay I prefer for it to be on what I want ! 

absolutely

As long as you have a job history, just don't expect the advertised rates.

Actually the manufacturers prefer the shorter term of a lease over a  longer loan.

You gotta be able to make the payments and not go default, that's in their interest too.

Sideeffect, you pay less for your car than on a conventional loan and you are not locked in for 5 or 6 years.

Wanting to lease

I have a 637 credit score. Just bought a 350k home. I am needing to trade my vehicle in and a bit upside down. Looking to lease to offset negative equity. Credit payment is excellent just the loan inquiries and new debt dropped score. Established income and job history. Looking for a 45-50k truck on a 3 year lease. Is it possible?

help

I have a 658 credit score and wanted to lease a 40,000 dollar car..is it possible

Help Please! Credit Score Of 648

Can I lease a new car with a credit score of 648 on a $30-$40,000 car? I've been at my job for 6 years and my annual income is $80,000. Any advice would be incredibly helpful! 

Thank you! 

Help me Pleeeasssee

My Credit Score is 491 (shameful) but I need to get it up ASAP I want to buy a $20,000. I am now in a better financial situation and I will be paying off my $1,000 energy bill I owe and making on time payments. I really want to lease or buy a car. What can I do to boost my credit scroe dramatically, get a low interest rate and overall have better credit so when I walk into the dealership I don't look like a complete idiot. I am 22 and I made stupid mistakes when I was younger now I need to clean it up. Any advice would be MUCH APPRECIATED!!! 

chelleway71

Enter Your ReplyYou can get your score up quickly by adding yourself to someones old credit card. Its called a seasoned tradeline. The older the account is awesome. Also make sure that their credit limit is not max. Basically if they have a 1000 credit card make sure their balance is less than 20 percent. This will increase your score.

Barrettgirl

I don't know if that will work or not my sister added me to her chase credit card and they have NOT added me yet,keep giving me the run around when I call and ask why.

Duckii

I would try Lexington law they boosted my scorensoo much from you score to my now 627 also I got a convert it account but it sound like you should build it by getting credit lines and paying on time

Auto loan

I just purchased a suv for 26k with credit score 626 so now credit karma said my score is 640 when can I  refinance