Question

howtoknowwhatnametouse

Unpaid charge off vs paid charge
I have an unpaid charge listed on my American Express account. I am currently paying it off every month through a credit collection agency. American express states that "due to the age of this account payment or nonpayment of this debt will not affect my credit score".

Does this mean it makes no difference on my credit if I pay it off or not? Should I stop paying it every month and let it go an unpaid charge that will be removed from my credit report after so many years?

What does negotiate for a deletion mean and whom am I negotiating with? AMX or the credit collection agency? Is there a best practice offer for a percentage of pay off amount in order to qualify to delete it from my credit score. Does it actually get completely removed from the credit score record at time of negotiated payment.