Credit Advice

Have a question? Have advice to share? The combined knowledge and experience of everyone in the Credit Karma community can help you. Enter your question or help others below to get started!


Posted in Credit Scores
Profile Image

Question By

1 Contribution
0 People Helped
Unpaid bill to security company resulted in collection. Help to remove it
Unpaid bill from home security system has been sent to collection agency and now listed in experian as HILLCREST DAVIDSON & A and in TRANSUNION as "HILLCREST DAVIDSON & A"
I had a conversation on the phone with a company prior to all this about early termination without early termination fee after their system ruined our weekend.
And we weren't even using it much for a year.
Long story short now I have record in my report for $385
What would be the best option to use.
Currently after reading forums I came to few solutions:
1) Call collection agency and ask them to transfer my debt back to Security company. Then try to resolve it with them. But If I do that I just wanted to make sure security company will be able to remove it from my credit history since in credit history heading it states collection agency's name.
2) Negotiate with collection agency to send me letter where they'll acknowledge receipt of the funds. And then file dispute online after I paid them negotiated amount.
3) Just try dispute it without going though other hustle and without paying (Since I don't really want to pay company that provided garbage service)
It seems on the record as if HILLCREST DAVIDSON & A are responsible for the record.
Main goal is to remove this from credit history and get some points for further purchase of the house.
I'm not sure though as I'm absolute newbie to this.
Any help would be more than appreciated!!!

Your Credit Scores Should Be Free. And Now They Are.

View your scores and reports anytime.

All Responses

Results 1-2 of 2Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 1   Previous | Next
Top Contributor
675 Contributions
364 People Helped

Helpful to 2 out of 2 people

I would talk with the security company first and see if they can recall the collection and then try to do a Pay for delete.

1 Contribution
0 People Helped

@johnnybinsea thank you for your advice. I tried calling collection agency they told me that they would remove negative remark if I'll pay the bill. But I don't think that they would be the guys I'd want working with + I want to negotiate a deal with Security Company because they promised on the phone that they'd waive the fee. Which obviously collection agency discarded telling that it wasn't in writing and they don't care about it. If they get this in writing than they would care.

Results 1-2 of 2Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 1   Previous | Next

Your Credit Scores Should Be Free. And Now They Are.

View your scores and reports anytime.


Reply to this Question

Write your response:
Enter Your Comments

The Credit Advice pages of the Site may contain messages submitted by users over whom Credit Karma has no control. Credit Karma cannot guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of any such messages. Some users may post messages that are misleading, untrue or offensive. You must bear all risk associated with your use of the Credit Advice pages and should not rely on messages in making (or refraining from making) any specific financial or other decisions.