Question

RightMeow

Two unpaid car loans, how do I begin to resolve?
I have a really terrible credit score right now, a lot of which is due to two unpaid car loans I have.
Let me begin by telling you how they got there. My girlfriend and I decided to get a car together since I didn't have one and hers was making us broke with all of the gas it used. We got a car from car max and being first time buyers we passed on the gap insurance, we didn't understand what it was and to us it was just extra money for something that seemed unlikely to happen. Before we even got the plates in the mail that car was totaled by a girl who ran through a red light and slammed into us. We were upside down about 1600 at that point. After that we were desperate and ended up going to a side of the road lot with a guy who was either desperate to sell his cars or shady...probably both. We were making regular payments, and not to be had this time I asked about gap insurance. The seller told me I'd have to get it from my insurance company, and when I asked the insurance company they told me I'd have to get it from the lot. They both gave me the run around so long I eventually gave up. I mean, what were the chances of that happening again, right....? Wrong. The girlfriend and I broke up and I was still letting her use the vehicle to go to work, since my job was a fixed location and hers was traveling. I did not know she was also doing some rather extra curricular activities at the time or I would have never trusted her, but I did and she was and it wasn't too long before she rear ended someone, causing the battery to burst and the car to have frame damage. Boom. Another total loss. Another 1600 on my credit. Now I've called the car companies and neither will work out a payment plan with me. They tell me the only way to keep a positive account is pay the original car payment amount which I cannot afford. I would gladly pay a minimum of 100 to each a month or more if possible so I can get them paid off because right now it is keeping me from getting another vehicle which makes life very difficult. Any advice on what to do now? Where do I even start?...

See if the banks will take the 100 payments still. Just tell them you can only make 100 this month. It will still show pass due but I would assume they would take a partial payment. Mail a check in to them or if it a bank that has locations try to make the $100 and see what happens. Do you know if it has been sold to collection agency ?  If it has try calling the collection agency back and see what they can do.