Trying to get approved for 1st credit card, can't get approved bc I have no credit.
I'm a 23 year old recent college graduate looking to get my first credit card and start building credit. I applied for an Visa and was denied. It seems I will run into similar problems if I apply for other cards, so I'm not sure what to do. I'm not interested in CapitalOne, as many family/friends have advised against that. What cards should I apply for with no credit history? Are secured cards/getting added as an authorized user on one of my parents' cards my only options? It seems I've missed the boat on student cards. I have a full-time job, a checking account, savings account, and an investment account with a decent amount of money in each. This is the ultimate catch-22.