They charged me off before, should I reapply or forget about them and go somewhere else.
I had a charged off credit card from my younger collage days. It is coming off my credit report in the next 2 months. I have a healthy income now, low credit inquires, and perfect payment history (have not been late with any payments in the last two years). I am past my statutes of limitation for my state so I know I can’t be sued. My question is I would like to reapply for a credit card with the same bank that charged off my account years ago (capital one). Because of my history, would they be likely to see me as a new applicant, or would they hold a grudge against me when I apply for a credit card? Now that I have improved my credit history/score, I would like to apply for one of their reward cards, but If they are unlikely to accept me due to our history, I may just decide to forget about them and move on to another bank.

I tried to negotiate with them before to settle the debt, I send a letter asking for a settlement offer and they responded by verifying/validating that this was my debt. Now with about 2 months to go, I rather not touch it out of fear that it would become a new debt and seriously bring down my score.