Question

Posted in Taxes

firedisp

Tax lien- sold property, owner failed to file change of ownership. What can I do?
I owned a mobile home two years ago. I sold it directly to the park owner/ company. I pulled up my credit report, and found a tax lien. When I called the county tax assessors office, I was told the title is still in my name, and that I had to pay the taxes, as there was never a change of ownership. I took a trip to the location and found that someone else is occupying the residence, like the park owner sold them the mobile. The porch light was on and their there was personal items out front. I have proof of the sale, proof of my new residence, the check they cut out to me, the pictures of the current state of the mobile, emails from the park owners with further evidence. I was thinking about filing a report with the FTC and filing a report with the police, but what else can I do. Is their failure to report the property fraud? What can I do to get the tax lien off my credit report? Any advice is welcomed. Should I pay the tax lien, and request for withdraw, and let them get away with what they did? Thanks for your help.