Question

fluffyrhino

Student loans from 11 yrs ago had late payments until just recently paid off. Should they drop off?
I had a student loan in my name when I was 16. I ended up dropping out of college when I was 17, and didn;t regularly make payments, kept deferring and then forgetting so there were quite a few missed payments. I just finally paid it off now (10-11 yrs later). Since the debt is over 7 yrs old, even though it was just finalized, should it negatively affect my credit or should I ask it be removed from my score?