Question

chezez311

Should I remove myself as an authorized user of a credit card with no reported credit limit (AMEX) ?
I am on my mothers American Express account as an authorized user. They are reporting what I believe is called a "high balance" (highest reported balance in a certain time period) and no credit limit. From what I read this is typical for "charge cards" like American Express. I have used the card maybe a handful of times over the many years I have owned it and would really have no issue getting taken off of it. She also uses this card so the balance reported is always non-zero and sometimes higher than I would like (right now ~$1k). Would there be a significant improvement to my credit score if I got taken off, or would it have little effect?

To be a AU on someone's card is to build your credit up, well did it build, did you get couple cards on your own? If not, then what's the point continue to be on it. If you have few other cards on your own already? Then you should be off that card. It's like someone has a secured card for 5 years but never apply for any unsecured cards and wondering if they should close it or not.