Question

JDiGorio

How long does it take for credit bureaus to update with changes made to my report?
I paid off a debt in early June and now in September, three months later, it still hasn’t showed on my credit report.

Best Response Chosen by   Profile Image JDiGorio

It depends on the lender and how often they report updated consumer accounts to the credit bureaus. Some larger banks and creditors report every month, while smaller financiers report on a quarterly basis. It can take as long as 90 days for your resolved debt to show up on your credit report and reflect on your credit score. Keep in mind though that there is no guarantee that the actions you take, like paying off debt, will immediately improve your credit score because there are so many factors affecting your score.

If you do not see your credit report updated after 90 days, contact the creditor because there may have been an inaccuracy when reporting your actions which will impact your credit score. If you have written proof of a discrepancy, you can go directly to the credit bureaus and attempt to get them to update the report. This will work sometimes, and is dependent on the documentation you provide.

Most Powerful Credit Repair Advice Ever!

The best and most powerful, important, advice ever period for improving your credit report is..... Find out your due date and your credit card reporting date and pay your card off in full 1 day before your due date and then DO NOT TOUCH YOUR CARD UNTIL "ONE DAY AFTER" YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY REPORTS TO THE CREDIT BUREAUS. Let’s say your bill due date is the 20th and your closing date is the 27th Pay your card in full on the 19th and wait till your credit card company reports on the 27th Don't touch your card till the 28th. Use your card just like cash and spend almost the whole limit but never go over the limit! Make sure every month you pay off your card in full or you will screw up your credit going over 30% of your credit card limit. Also make sure you pay one day before your due date and wait till after the reporting closing date to use your card again. If you do this you will show the credit bureaus that you can make high monthly payments and you will have zero interest. This formula will have the most impact on building your credit fast.  

Most Helpful Response

Just call the credit bureaus and provide them with the information relating to the debt and initiate a review. Within 10 days the item will be updated. If you wait it could take several months. i paid off all my credit cards, about 50,000, and after several months nothing. after contacting the bureaus within 10 days my rating went from 720 to 800.

mkahmed

Enter Your Replyhow did you contact the bureaus?

US Bank

I've been on this site for over 6 months now and I haven't seen my US Bank credit card update since I've joined.   I have a feeling they don't report to Trans union and Credit karma pulls your score from all sources and contiunes to update from just trans union. 

I have a US Bank Credit Card and I've been making payments every month eliminating the Debt, how ever it's not updating the new balance at the end of each month on my credit karma account.  US bank publishes their report at the end of each month from what they have explained to me, but I haven't seen any changes in the past 2 months.   I wouldn't expect it to take as long as 3 months since I was told it's at the end of each month.     Does anyone have this issue?  Is there anything I might be able to do so my credit cards balance is updated eachy month?

rachelmspellman

I have had this issue as well. I've paid off two major debts in the last month and although my statements reflect a zero balance, my credit report and creditkarma score does not. It states it was updated as of today, but is still showing the incorrect balance, so I'm not really sure how they're allowed to claim that it's updated when clearly it's not. I'm not sure how to correct it other than submit copies of my statements proving I have a zero balance to the credit bureaus themselves.

I got a capital one secured mastercard so that I could at least try to increase my credit score like I had read so many others claim while using the card. I have had the card for at least 5 months and I have only witnessed an increase only once. I have paid the card off in full every month and have waited at least 2 days after the due date before using the card again so that it would reflect a zero balance. My issue is that every time I check Credit Karma for an update. my credit score is always lower. And I am utterly confused. I only have 3 main bills which are my cell phone, credit card and student loans. I pay off my credit card and cell phone in full every month and I pay the amount agreed upon for my student loans in full. So myquestion is why is my score steadily decreasing? what am I doing wrong. I feel like with the credit card in particular my score should be rising because others have reported that when paying it off in full that their credit score raises significantly and withing 6 months they are gettting offers for unsecured cards in the mail. Cna anyone explain why this may be happening?

Curious if that is a definite formula on when credit card companies report. The closing date is when most credit card companies report to a credit bureau? And what they report is the balance that was there one day before due date??

update button

By clicking on the update button this will knock off -3 points on score, be aware..

StreamDweeler

By clicking on the update button this will knock off -3 points on score, be aware.. ????

*** Please explain.

My score is from August 2009 and it is now January 2010 - when do you update the scores. I have paid off at least one loan on time and have had some things taken off (bad things) in 2009.

Scores are updated in real time. Please note that you have to manually click the "update score" bottom.

Review by
CK Moderator

Thanks a lot. That is a good explanation.