Question

Jsflo

Removed Debt Still Haunting Me!
Long story short, I owe an apartment complex $1300 for bailing on a lease 3 years ago. It did not hit my credit report for like a year, NOW it is showing that is has been moved to "Removed Collections" in credit karma. This was a co-debt with a roommate that I am no longer friends with and dont know if he paid it and it got removed or what happened. BUT I just put in an application with an apartment complex and got denied because of this. How would I get denied from this if it has been "Removed"?

Anyways I have no problem paying this off now, I am in a much better place in my life. I have a great career, and a 4 month old son. BUT I cannot find any information on the debt company that owns it. it is listed as "LEADINGEDGE" But when I googled them and called they said that no such records ever existed with them... So my question is WHAT DO I DO? I need to get this resolved immediately please help me!