rebuilding credit after personal difficulties
Hi! I am pretty young - 27 - and this year I had some pretty serious financial difficulties due to my own idiocy and medical issues. My creditkarma score is in the low 500's, and I am trying to raise to to at least 600 so that I can rent an apartment.
I have multiple accounts in collections, and am paying them off as quickly as possible. I also have 3 accounts that have multiple 30-60 day late marks on them- though I am now current.
What else can I do besides paying off these collections accounts and paying down these cards? I'd like to hit from every angle I can.
The help is much appreciated!