questionable collection agency (featured mediation) and what to do next
hi all, im in need of a bit of help. I received a call from a debt collector for a debt that i know i legitimately owe but it aint that simple. 1. i asked for their address and they said "why?" 2, they didnt end up relieving their addy to me but told me Buffalo NY and managed to flip the subject on me. 3. The number they called me from is a Florida phone number 727-240-xxxx 4. i can not find nothing online about said company in either state (Featured Mediation) nor the license to either searching both states licensing sites. 5. they wanted to email me a dv letter. 6. they never emailed it any thoughts and how i should approach this any suggestions would be helpful i have no issue with paying the debt if this is a real company but i got taken about a month and a half ago by a fraud whom did a similar thing and then magically their phone dont work and their web site also do and coincidentally the place that scammed me is pretty much within 15 miles or so of Buffalo thx and have a happy Easter