Paying off Debt
Hello. I've been working really hard on trying to improve my credit. I've read that you can request to pay off a creditor for deletion of the dept on your credit report. How does that work? Does that ever work? I have some bills that are pretty small ($150 aprox) that I want to pay off. Should I just agree to a settlement with the places? Should I bother with pay for deletion since its such a small amount? I'm paying off the most recent stuff first. I won't touch anything that is close to falling off.

Also.... Why do some bills that have been closed or charged off stay on your report past the 6-8 years? Can you have them removed?